Options

Payments with Stripe from 14 September 2019

barging_technophobbarging_technophob Member Posts: 2

Hi there
I'm a very tech-illiterate user of Wave based in France and the UK and have 'switched on' payments through Stripe. As we're approaching the legislative changes about 'SCA' in the UK and EU, I've been working through the information to try and understand if we can continue to accept payments through Stripe or not. Despite all the threads on here I still can't find the answer...so here's asking!

I've had an email from Wave saying they aren't supporting SCA for 'Open banking' but we don't link Wave to our bank, just use the payment link via Stripe. Further information from Wave states the Stripe payment link continues - so, can I still use it or not?

Hoping for a non-technical answer and solution :-)
Thank you
Jo

Comments

• Options
    barging_technophobbarging_technophob Member Posts: 2

Hi there
    I'm a very tech-illiterate user of Wave based in France and the UK and have 'switched on' payments through Stripe. As we're approaching the legislative changes about 'SCA' in the UK and EU, I've been working through the information to try and understand if we can continue to accept payments through Stripe or not. Despite all the threads on here I still can't find the answer...so here's asking!

I've had an email from Wave saying they aren't supporting SCA for 'Open banking' but we don't link Wave to our bank, just use the payment link via Stripe. Further information from Wave states the Stripe payment link continues - so, can I still use it or not?

Hoping for a non-technical answer and solution :-)
    Thank you
    Jo

• Options
    MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi Jo, that is a great question! While we believe that Open Banking is the right way forward, the required operational & technology costs to support Open Banking for our free accounting platform are too high for Wave at this time. While we will no longer support automatic bank imports, you will still be able to process payments through Payments by Wave via Stripe. SCA compliance for Payments by Wave via Stripe is something we're actively working on. We are working on integrating Stripe's latest API to be compliant. We will provide further updates on this in the coming months.

edited August 6, 2019
  • Options
    ShovanShovan Member Posts: 1
    Hi is there any update on this. I understand you cannot import bank feed, I am good with it.

How ever can you explain how Waze integrates with stripe SCA?
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Shovan . We're currently looking in to and working on compatibility for Stripe SCA. We will have more information on this in the coming future.