Options

Recurring invoices - ACH only option

tsmithtsmith Member Posts: 22

In my global settings, I have ACH Bank payments enabled, and credit card payments off. When I create a recurring invoice, I can either accept online payments or manual payments. In this case, enabling online payments allows credit card and ach payments, and manual payments allows neither. Why is the allow online payments not following the global settings? My end goal is to have recurring invoices that will allow only ACH payments and auto send. If I create a regular (not recurring) invoice, then it's default is matched to my global settings, ach only.

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @tsmith. At this current moment, I'm afraid it's not possible to setup recurring invoice payments via ACH. This could be something that we implement in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so. You will need to either accept payments via credit card (if you are wanting them to be automatic) or have your client manually pay you via ACH.

• Options

I don't want auto payments via ACH - I do manual payments... and that's my point - switching to Manual payments on the recurring invoice, and leaving the "allow online payments" option doesn't follow my global preferences. It defaults to CC and ACH. So I have 2 options:

1. Enable "allow my customer to pay..." with Manual payments option - then edit each invoice to disable CC.
    2. Disable "allow my customer to pay..." with manual payments option - then edit each invoice to enable ACH

The "allow my customer to pay..." option should follow the global settings. I understand the requirement for CC payments for auto payments, but I don't understand why I can't have ACH only for manual payments.

edited August 10, 2019
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

@tsmith Just curious, if you select the pay online button at the top of the invoice verification page

Are you able to turn off the Credit card function here? Give it a try and see if you can disable this ability from the invoice itself. It might be defaulted to on since you may have created the recurring invoice before you turned off the global settings. I'd create a test recurring invoice to yourself to see if moving forward your invoices default to ACH only.

• Barsin
    edited August 16, 2019
  • Options

@BarsinA - All manually created invoices inherit the default payments options that I've set. (ACH only). Invoices created by a recurring invoice do not, because those settings are in the recurring invoice - which is BOTH payments options, or none. So, after all my invoices get created from recurring invoices, I have to open each, and choose the slider to allow ACH. Then, I have to send (as I have auto sending disabled because it won't have ACH payments available).

Additionally, a FEATURE REQUEST - for ACH payments, have a "Enter my bank details manually" . Currently, my clients have to search for their bank, and wait for Wave to say it's not found, and that is when Wave offers the link for manual information.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @tsmith . You're 100% correct here, this is a limitation of the platform at the moment. We're working on some Invoicing upgrades which are supposed to be rolling out over the next few months, and although we've decided what some of this looks like, there is still some room for new updates. I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Additionally, I'll add the part about entering bank details, but if I'm being fully transparent, I don't think this is something that will be prioritized as you still can enter your bank details in manually, it just requires a few extra clicks.

Once again though, thanks for this ongoing feedback!

• Options
    jerrodcjerrodc Member Posts: 2

@AlexL, is the wave team planning on implementing this feature? I would really like the ability to auto send invoices to my clients that only pay via ACH transfer. I don't want to run the risk of them being able to pay via credit card but it would be very nice to not have to manually create invoices every time.