Options

Can you download PDF invoice from app?

AmeliaAmelia Member Posts: 5

Hi, I've tried to have a look around on the app but I can't find any way to download a PDF from the app. I have several clients who ask me to WhatsApp their invoices to them, the closest I have managed so far is screenshot and crop the invoice preview and send them the image but I think sending it as a PDF would look much more professional?

If it's not possible to do this, is there someone here with the power to pass this suggestion forward that it may become a feature in future?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Amelia. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. If you could give me a little bit more context regarding your business, and how you would like to see this feature implemented in Wave, I would be happy to see if this is something that can be added to a potential roadmap in the future. Let me know when you get a chance!

• Options
    Shawn10Shawn10 Member Posts: 1

Hello,

This feature should definitely already be in with the mobile version. On our desktops, we can simply click "Download to PDF". It's simple and awsome. I DO NOT use WAVE's mobile app, simply because I can not export my invoices from it.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Shawn10 . It's good feedback to hear that this lack of feature is actually stopping you from using the mobile app. Currently, we have no plans on adding a "download PDF" button to it, but it's feedback like this that helps our devs prioritize new features as we move forward.

• Options
    AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

@AlexL yes we need this feature. Or the ability to share the pdf. For example, youtube allows you to share to other apps. Click share, choose WhatsApp or Email etc. In our country WhatsApp is much more active then emails! I also don't use the mobile app as that feature is missing.

• Options
    AmeenAmeen Member Posts: 1
    Sharing the invoice pdf is very much needed. I use my phone to print invoices for the customers by emailing myself to have access to the pdf and then print with my iPhone to the printer connected to the WiFi’s network. A print feature is also very much needed. Thank you
  • Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@AccountsPro @Ameen Thanks for adding in your thoughts to this ongoing discussion.

Currently, the best way to achieve this would be to create a share link for the invoice which can be done on the Webapp version of Wave. This will allow you to share the invoice online, similar to a PDF. At the moment, the main reason why a PDF is not available is because it removes the ability to pay online, which is a feature that many Wavers benefit from.

I do totally acknowledge that you are using the mobile app however at the moment, the mobile performance is meant to scale to features that are imperative to creating and sending invoices, and while this is useful to many, it is something that is not currently on the roadmap. In saying that, it definitely is a great feature idea and would love to hear from any other Wavers who feel the same way.

• Options

@JordanD thanks for your fast feedback.

Actually to this day you will be surprised how many businesses use hard copy documents. In RSA we have to keep business document records for a minimum of 10 years, so for this reason many businesses prefer to print their documentation and store them., as well as keep a digital copy. I do my best to convince my clients it's not necessary, but it seems I am hitting a brick wall. I don't think they trust their storage media to stay working that long.

Some of my farming clients will not even consider digital documents, lol.

I'm not sure when they will go fully digital, but it doesn't look like any time soon.

So now, our accounting clients have to install some type of screenshot plugin to their browsers, then take the shot, download their pdf version for filing. Unfortunately this is a few extra clicks that they would rather not have to do, if possible.

I for one would prefer if everything is digital, it would save oodles of time - not to mention money in labour, printing, files and storage costs. But as an accountant for businesses, I have to go with the my client's preferred systems.

Some of my clients are actually professional accounting firms and some of them are still using hardcopy storage.

Hope that helps!

edited December 19, 2019
  • Options

I like your idea of a share link, so that for payment purposes, an online copy is sent and for storage or whatever other purposes, they can choose to print their pdf version. You have my vote for that one.