Options

P&L Detail Reports

sbright527sbright527 Member Posts: 7

Hello! I know how to go to P&L Detail reports, but is there anyway to look at all the detail all at once, without having to individually open accounts to see the transaction details within the account?

I used P&L Detail reports constantly in Quickbooks -- to check accurate categorization for a period, and then at YE to help with tax prep.

This is the feature I miss MOST since switching to Wave! But still hoping it's lurking in there somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @sbright527 . I'm afraid this isn't currently possible as the way that you've been accessing it is the best way to do so. To improve your workflow a little, I'd recommend opening the accounts in other windows and comparing them side by side, this way you can view the content at the same time and still review as need be.

I'd love to hear more about your workflow as well as why having the details open would be a superior setup for you. I understand the need to see these details, but maybe having a better understanding of exactly how you would go about using this would widen our scope of knowledge on how our business owners use our Reports.

• Options
    sbright527sbright527 Member Posts: 7

Thanks for confirming this is not currently possible -- though I was hoping I was overlooking it. There are many ways that I've historically used the QB P&L detail reports. There are probably three simple-to-offer uses off the top of my head. #1, To simply save an excel spreadsheet of the P&L detail for a given fiscal period for archival purposes -- should I need to reference it 5 years from now and Wave doesn't happen to exist anymore. Or #2, To be able to have a full fiscal year P&L with detail to review and make notes on for federal tax prep, and then to retain the data and notes for possible future audits. I'm old school. I trust paper documents and common spreadsheet formats more than software/app-specific options. #3, More in the "day-to-day" usage realm, I have always liked viewing a P&L Detail report when all the data is entered and reconciled for a given month, so I can visually catch mistakes -- like things that were mis-categorized or mis-labeled. That one would be particularly helpful in Wave since the automatic categorization feature sends items to the wrong place the majority of the time. Thanks again!