Options

How to import a chart of accounts

BHartBHart Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to import a chart of accounts.
Thanks!

(edit) From Wave support: "Why a Community Forum? There are a great many reasons why a forum is a fantastic tool for customer support. A forum is a public platform; this means that questions and answers are available to anyone who might happen across them, potentially saving hours of troubleshooting and email writing. More than that, though, a Community Forum is a space to engage with other business owners, like-minded professionals, and with the Wave Team to share experiences, challenges, product knowledge, and advice. Our goal is to build something together.

It's a little disappointing that my question has been seen by many people but no one has bothered to respond. Did I post this in the correct section?

Brian

edited February 20, 2018 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    BHartBHart Member Posts: 2

A simple yes or no would work.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @BHart.

It isn't currently possible to import or export a chart of accounts within Wave. For now, new accounts have to be added manually. If you want some tips or some help in setting up your chart of accounts on Wave, I'd love to help.

I'm sorry that your post was overlooked. Our community forum is still in its infancy and we're working hard to make it as great a tool as we can. Our goal with the community forum is to create not only to make a place for us, at Wave, to keep in touch with you and provide support as needed, but to create a place where Wave users can connect and help each other.

We do care about the people who use Wave, and it's why we're trying to create a community of hundreds of Wave users who want to help each other.

• Options
    fadyrgergesfadyrgerges Member Posts: 1

Please advise an answer, is it possible or no. thanks

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @fadyrgerges. I'm afraid that it's not possible to import a Chart of Accounts into Wave. We do have a default amount of system accounts that are created based on your business type, but all other accounts will need to be created manually in Wave.

• Options
    GautamGautam Member Posts: 13

Is it still the case ( in 2021) that we can not import chart of accounts? I have about 30+ expense categories I want to import.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gautam , we still don't support importing a chart of account into Wave. You would have to add those expense categories manually to the software.

• Options
    designaldesignal Member Posts: 4

@BHart
    it is possible now to export Chart of Accounts using the Wave Connect/Google Sheets add-on, but you still can't upload as of today.