Updates to your accounting navigation

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageUpdates to your accounting navigation

We've updated the way you interact with the accounting navigation to make the process of organizing your books even more clear, simple, and intuitive.
You will notice substantial speed improvements...

Read the full story here

edited August 23, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• YendorYendor Member Posts: 1

i do not have this new transactions page. When will you update older users?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Yendor Right now it's our Accounting team's priority to get our users migrated over as soon as possible. We still don't have any exact timeline for this, but it should be in the very near future. If you could also file a support ticket here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new requesting that you be migrated over to the new software, it's definitely something that we can look into.

• wokvwokv Member Posts: 3

the update screwed up everything. it constantly crashes, i can't split the deposit and assign expenses like i used too, unnecessary steps to see not reviewed transactions, etc... it takes 4 times longer to get same thing done. i'm using it for free so can't really complain but i guess it's time to get quickbooks...

• GorgoGorgo Member Posts: 8

Is there any way we can print out the Journal transactions? If not are you planning the ability to do this.
    It would be beneficial when posting long end of the year transactions, or for printing out entries that we do so we can write comments for our Accountants.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @wokv . Sorry to hear that the new upgrade is causing you so much frustration. Let me see if I can tackle a few of your mentions here.

We've changed the process for splitting deposits and assigning expenses. You can now use this Help Center article which should show you how to add a negative amount to a transaction. I'm interested in knowing what the need is to split out a deposit and add a negative amount as there may be a better way to handle it. Let me know!

You mention steps for unreviewed transactions, can you explain this a little bit more for me? In general, we now have the reconciliation function in Wave which reconciles differently than the old one, but I'm wondering specifically how you're finding the unverified transactions to be affecting you negatively.

Let me know!

@Gorgo No way to print Journal Transactions at the moment I'm afraid. What you can do is print screen with a Journal Transaction open in the Transactions page, as this should work in getting this to your accountant in the real world.

That might be OK for small journal entries, but won't work for long ones that go beyond the open screen. An Export function for journal entries would be handy.

I looked at that Help section. people are having exact same problem that I'm having. I need to split the deposit to account for merchant fees. when i do that, it asks for that exact negative amount to be categorized again. why? what am i doing wrong? i got 4 delivery platforms an they deduct their fees before deposit. same problem. when i enter these manually, wave crashes.

ok, figured it out. thanks. i shouldn't change the amount of deposit. i need to change all the fees to discounts to enter negative amount.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Gorgo! Thanks for letting us know! Journal Transactions will be exported when you do a data export from your settings. This will export all transactions from your accounting and not just journal entries, so it is a great feature idea!

Hey @wokv! Glad to hear you were able to figure it out! Just reach back out if you have any other questions :)

A bit messy when you only want to export the Journal entry for printing.

• WilemJSWilemJS Member Posts: 4

Currently absolutely no navigation menus are working.

Hi @WilemJS . Are you still seeing this issue? If so, are you seeing it on all pages, or just certain pages? Any further information that you have on this would be great!

• WilemJSWilemJS Member Posts: 4

@AlexL Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue. It looks like the navigation menu on the left side of the screen doesn't load. It looks like this on Chrome and Edge, and not just on PC, but also on the tablet in the browser. Browser cache was cleared, hard refreshed and any temp files cleared in all cases.
    I'm seeing it on all pages I can access through hyperlinks, which looks like something is up with the main navigation menu.

edited January 3, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WilemJS

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing may be caused by your Network settings. There are a few troubleshooting steps to take that should resolve the issue.

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.

3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

4. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave.

5. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please let me know and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot further.

• MonarchMonarch Member Posts: 2

Hey @BarsinA, I have been experiencing the same issue as @WillemJS but it is now even worse. The whole web application isn't loading.
    I have tried clearing all cookies and cache, as well as changing the network I'm on. I am on Firefox 71.

• MonarchMonarch Member Posts: 2

This is how it looks when it does load.