Options

How To Unarchive an account

TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

Hi there

I would like to find out how to unarchive an account that i archived by mistake.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Teek! In your Chart of Accounts page, any archived accounts should be marked with a grey 'archived' badge. These can be un-archived by clicking the grey pencil icon to the right of the account, then un-checking the 'Archive Account' option that appears in the pop-up window! You can also view a bit of the workflow in this Wave guide: Understanding your Chart of Accounts.

• Options
    JMMJMM Member Posts: 2

@EmmaP said:
    Hey @Teek! In your Chart of Accounts page, any archived accounts should be marked with a grey 'archived' badge. These can be un-archived by clicking the grey pencil icon to the right of the account, then un-checking the 'Archive Account' option that appears in the pop-up window! You can also view a bit of the workflow in this Wave guide: Understanding your Chart of Accounts.

What if you have an archived account that does not have the grey pencil? I have an account that was created during the migration, deleted the associated tax (errors in input prior to the migration) and am now unable to do a journal entry to reverse the migration journal entry.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @JMM! Thanks for reaching out here! Interesting, are you able to provide some screenshots showing the account in your Chart of Accounts page and any transaction entries associated with it? You can blur out any sensitive data before you share. We'd be happy to take a look!

• Options
    xinbenlvxinbenlv Member Posts: 3

As of 2020-05-24, I can't find the grey 'archived' badge

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @xinbenlv! Had you tried to archive an account that did not have any transactions in it? If that was the case, then it would have immediately archived/deleted, as archived accounts with no transactions in them disappear.

• Options
    HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @xinbenlv! Had you tried to archive an account that did not have any transactions in it? If that was the case, then it would have immediately archived/deleted, as archived accounts with no transactions in them disappear.

@ConnorM
    Are you saying that if I disable an account (by clicking on "Prevent further usage of this account."), if there're no transactions associated with it, it gets deleted, instead of archiving (whatever that is)?

If so, why not put "Archive/Delete", or a note in the help specifying this? Something like:
    "You will still be able to generate reports for this account, and all previously categorized transactions will remain unchanged. If there's no transactions associated to it, it will be deleted"

This would ne another one of the UI failures I was mentioning in a post from 2 nights ago that got deleted by Wave (granted, I made like 5 edits, but they were spelling et al).

edited June 11, 2020
  • Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @HolCar , thanks for getting back. To clarify: when you click 'Prevent further usage of this account' if there are no transactions in the account, then yes - it is effectively gone permanently. Thank you for this idea to help clarify the language around this action! It's a great idea. While this isn't a part of the software we're currently working on changing, our Product Managers use the Community as a great place for gathering data on the wants and needs of our business owners, and I want to assure you that we're taking your feedback into account.

• Options
    HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

@CallieP said:
    Hi @HolCar , thanks for getting back. To clarify: when you click 'Prevent further usage of this account' if there are no transactions in the account, then yes - it is effectively gone permanently. Thank you for this idea to help clarify the language around this action! It's a great idea. While this isn't a part of the software we're currently working on changing, our Product Managers use the Community as a great place for gathering data on the wants and needs of our business owners, and I want to assure you that we're taking your feedback into account.

Thanks for your reply, @CallieP

Yes, one thing that I've come to realise since I started using Wave and, more specifically, browsing this forum, is that you guys don't really pay attention to the UI and/or the suggestions of the users. It's as if the mentality on your team is that the software is perfect, when it's not. Every time someone points out something that is relatively easy to implement (like, in this case, it would take less than 5 mins to substitute the text in the page), or really necessary, say for utilitarian or compliance issues, the answer is always the same: "Thank you, but no, thank you!"

Honestly, the system is very good and does a lot of things very well, but your constant reluctance to accommodate your users' needs, and your failure to realise that when everyone is claiming or something, it's not a whim, but a necessity, is beyond my level of comprehension. But I digress...

Thanks