Frequent errors; not saving and cannot fetch categories

ZachZach Member Posts: 1

Hello- We have had this software for several years though I am just now using it more frequently. One problem is that nearly every time I try to add a transaction (whether income or expense) there is an error of some kind. Most frequently it says it cannot save right now or that an error occured while fetching categories. Sometimes I can log out and log back in or simple restart on the transaction and it will work but the problem seems to be worsening and today it continuously cannot fetch a category while entering a single expense.

I use chrome, have cleared all history including cache, and have restarted my computer. Any additional suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Zach

This sounds like a strange communication error that might be localized to your device. Just wondering if you've tried this on other computers/other networks. A lot of times, firewalls, antivirus software, or even browser add-ons can hinder the way our system works:

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

3. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave. Also trying incognito mode to see if this makes a difference

4. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

If you wanted to add a screenshot to your post to let us know what the error is, this might help us understand a bit further if none of these steps work.