Error Message- Oops! There was an issue with saving your transaction.Please try again.

CorinnaCorinna Member Posts: 5

I am trying to split a deposit into two transactions of payment received from Invoice in Wave. I have entered amount for each transaction that totals to the deposit total amount; however, I keep getting this error message. Please help if anyone can. I am using the newest Version of Wave.

edited April 19, 2021 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Corinna,

Have you tried clearing the cache for your browser? It tends to solve a lot of annoying issues that can come up in Wave (and anywhere else, honestly).

If that doesn't solve the problem, can you share a screenshot of the transaction when you get that error message? It'll give me the best idea of where to go from there.

• CorinnaCorinna Member Posts: 5

Hi @Alexia ,
    I just did clear the cache from my browser. It seems no matter what browser I use I am not able to save the transaction. I even tried recording a payment in the bills page but that wont save either. I get the same error message. My sister in law is using Wave as well (older version) but has no issues as I do.

@Alexia it seems to be ok when posting to only one invoice but doesn't seem to save when saving more then one invoice in one transaction.

Hi @Corinna. I did some digging on my end, and this is a known bug that should now be fixed. There's some transactions imported through bank connections from before the fix was rolled out that are still affected.

The best way around it would be to create a copy of this income transaction by hand, delete the transaction imported from your bank, and try splitting the new transaction instead.

Let me know if that works.

Hi @Alexia
    Thank you for responding back. I have tried to copy the income and split the transaction as you said. It still gives the same results with the error message. I would hate to have to start all over. Could it be because of the time frame that I setup with Wave? Does not seem to allow me to post payments from the bills page either.

Hi @Corinna, I apologize for not checking in sooner.

I saw that you also had put up a ticket and ended up closing and re-opening your account. Did that fix the issue in the end?

Hi @Alexia , Unfortunately after closing and re-opening my account I am still having this issue. I have placed a ticket however it takes 2-3 days to get a response back to make sure this bug gets fixed. I have tried clearing the cache and cookies, I am using the latest google Chrome browser, I also tried using wave while in Incognito mode. Nothing seems to work. It also seems I am not able to just record a payment then editing that invoice payment.I also tried copying the transaction by adding income then matching the transaction by splitting the deposit to multiple invoices that is needed. Is there any way i could speak directly to someone over the phone to get this fixed?

• AaronAaron Member Posts: 2

I am experiencing this problem when trying to delete a transaction. It won't go away and when I click on it to edit it says "Oops! There was an issue deleting this transaction. Please try again."

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Aaron, I'm sorry to hear that! Can you post some screenshots of what that transaction looks like? Would love to break this down to see how we can rectify this together.