When will we be able to be on the new version?

ACERescueACERescue Member Posts: 11

In fall 2017 there was a post about the new version of Wave that was coming, and one of the highlight features was that we would have the ability to switch the sales tax report to cash-basis vs. accrual accounting. While I can't find that post, I can find people mentioning they have the new feature as early as January 2018 like here (https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5/cash-and-accrual-dilemma).

I still don't. I don't get it. I have emailed staff and have a variety of emails saying, coming soon, we're working on it, you're in the next batch (this one as far back as last May '18). I'm posting here so that people that are stuck on old version can unite a bit and maybe with the force of numbers find out what the delay to getting the upgrade is.

Also, I just learned of a fantastic new integration called "Wave Connect" that can do exactly what I need it to do and tell me what taxes were collected based on the due date. Alas, this too has a big warning that it's only available to the new users.

I know some of you will think "this is free, quit complaining". However, it's not free. I have had to hire someone to manually go backwards and calculate the sales tax reporting for the state for the last 2 years. I have not moved to a new platform because Wave keeps saying they are going to release this, and there are countless others I'm sure also want this new version.

Attached image of the warning I saw today.

-Aaron

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi Aaron - @ACERescue! Thanks for reaching out about this. I completely empathize with you here. We really want all users to have the same experience across the board and have access to the same features. To be transparent, we recently paused migration as we worked on and released a new reconciliation tool (released last Tuesday). The reason for the pause is to ensure when we migrate accounts over, everything is seamless and there are no mistakes. We are prioritizing migration again, as we are confident that the new reconciliation feature is working smoothly.

• ACERescueACERescue Member Posts: 11

Thanks @EmmaP but that reconciliation tool is only available on the newer version, so I don't understand that. Good to know it's back in the scheduler though.