Receipt sending email

superqueensuperqueen Member Posts: 2

Hiya. Does anybody know how I can change the email address my receipts are sent from? It doesn't give me the option to switch to the email of the current business profile I am in, only the email address I used to set up my original profile. I obviously want the receipt to send from the business to which my client has made payment. Thanks!

Comments

• LindaaLindaa Member Posts: 12

you can add another email in your account settings or perhaps change the email that you set up the account with to the business one

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @superqueen.

As @Lindaa said, you'll have to change the primary email for your entire account if you want the email that shows up at the bottom of your invoice emails to change. You can find out how to do it here.

edited February 28, 2018
  • superqueensuperqueen Member Posts: 2

Thank you, ladies! Sorry I didn't check back in on this - it hasn't bugged me again until now.
    So when I send an invoice, I can choose which business email address is the sender from a drop-down menu. But when I want to send a receipt after recording a payment, I don't have the same option. So receipts for all 3 businesses have to show as coming from my personal email address, which is very confusing for my clients. I'm assuming nothing can be done about this except to make a separate account for each business, which then defies one of the great things about Wave: one login for all my businesses :(

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks @superqueen. As you've said, this is inconvenient now - you can add multiple emails and change your primary address depending on which business you're working in or each time you send an invoice receipt - it's a manual process that could certainly be more convenient. The reason has to do with the way that email address relates to your account in Wave; it's associated with your customer identity rather than individually to your businesses. We really appreciate the feedback.

• princessprincess Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am an editor (accountant) in my client's wave account. Can I send customer's receipt using the owner's email address? I can not see the drop down button of choosing what email address to use, as I can see when sending invoices.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @princess I've merged your post into this one as it seems like this would be a space that has similar type questions. I think @Alexia 's post above should help answer that question! If not, let me know and I can further clarify :)

• RachelKnRachelKn Member Posts: 4

Have we made any movement towards enabling Wave users to change the email associated with payment receipts?

I have one business - floral design.
    I have a second business - consulting. Completely different industry.
    I use my floral design email for my Wave login because it is a business that was set up almost two years before the consulting business.
    I also have a personal email which is not appropriate for business correspondence.

The only email that should be associated with any receipts invoice issued from a specific business is the email address for that business itself. It is unprofessional and presents my business poorly to have receipts issued with email addresses that my customers do not use, are associated with businesses that they have not worked with, or that are clearly only for personal correspondence.

Is this use case still unclear? Is the team missing data or feedback to help them implement this feature?

edited June 5, 2020
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

hi @RachelKn , thanks for your message. I'm afraid this is still the previously mentioned flow: you can add multiple emails and change your primary address depending on which business you're working in or each time you send an invoice receipt - it's a manual process that could certainly be more convenient. At this time, we're not looking to change this functionality, as our developers are focused on improving other features right now.

• phoenixfjphoenixfj Member Posts: 2

@CallieP said:
    hi @RachelKn , thanks for your message. I'm afraid this is still the previously mentioned flow: you can add multiple emails and change your primary address depending on which business you're working in or each time you send an invoice receipt - it's a manual process that could certainly be more convenient. At this time, we're not looking to change this functionality, as our developers are focused on improving other features right now.

Hi Callie,

I've tried your suggestion, but the popup still shows my login email as the sender. It is very time-consuming to have to change it every time I need to send a receipt via the different businesses. If we can have a drop-down for sending an invoice, shouldn't the same be applied for sending a receipt? There needs to be a continuity and consistency for the clients.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @phoenixfj

Thanks so much for your feedback! As Callie mentioned this is the present workflow and we apologize if it's a bit cumbersome for you at the moment. Our team is always looking to improve upon our Sales tab so thanks for your contribution here.

• phoenixfjphoenixfj Member Posts: 2

@BarsinA As mentioned I did follow the steps that @CallieP outlined but the from email address did not change.