Invoice a service

AndrewVanZylAndrewVanZyl Member Posts: 2

How do I invoice a service instead of an item? I'm a general contractor to every invoice is different

Comments

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@AndrewVanZyl Ah, actually, items in Wave would be considered Products or Services. In order to add an item, you can head to Sales > Products and Services and 'Add a Product or Service'. Once you do this, your service (or item) will populate when you go to select items to put on your invoice. You can also select Add a new item > Create a new item straight from the item section of the invoice!

• AndrewVanZylAndrewVanZyl Member Posts: 2

Thanks Chelsea but it doesn't really answer the question. EVERY item is unique and probably will never be repeated again. I have a handyman business so EVERY job is different.

One want's a free text field to type in the details, never to be saved or used again.

Sense?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @AndrewVanZyl . In the invoice when you add a new product/service, you can create a new one every time you're creating a new invoice. This will allow you to detail the service as well as it's finer specifics in different ways every single time you invoice your customers.

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@AndrewVanZyl,
    You may want to consider just having 2 line items. Materials $XXX.XX and another line for your labor per hour if that's how you invoice.