Options

Invoice reminders

OliveOlive_RobOliveOlive_Rob Member Posts: 1
Can you create invoice payment reminders as standard for ask invoices created or do you have to do it manually each time?

Comments

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@OliveOlive_Rob Yes, you would need to check those boxes manually when you go to create the invoice!

Back in June, we actually did run an experiment where some users in North America had invoice reminders defaulted to being ON. Based on customer feedback, we decided to stop the experiment so yes, manually selecting those reminders is the way to go. :)

• Options
    volkswagnervolkswagner Member Posts: 14

Automatic invoice reminders are being sent as of 1/17/2020.

I don't know how to stop it. This is causing clients to be notified for invoices they actually paid
    but aren't marked as paid because their check hasn't cleared my bank deposit yet.

I don't recall every checking a box to autosend reminders. In fact I can't even find such a button or checkbox.

• Options
    22asepsysca22asepsysca Member Posts: 19

Wave, PLEASE look into this. Yes this appears to be true when you have a customer email address entered in the customer information , to which invoices are normally sent. I am not happy about this. I just got an email from a customer asking why they received a reminder when they had in fact sent me a check last week. If you go to Invoices and click View on any invoice, you can see if reminders have been mysteriously enabled, or you can set them up if they have not..

@volkswagner said:
    Automatic invoice reminders are being sent as of 1/17/2020.

I don't know how to stop it. This is causing clients to be notified for invoices they actually paid
    but aren't marked as paid because their check hasn't cleared my bank deposit yet.

I don't recall every checking a box to autosend reminders. In fact I can't even find such a button or checkbox.

• Options
    volkswagnervolkswagner Member Posts: 14

I believe the cause of invoice reminders being enabled globally is due to a bug.
    The reminders were enabled simply by manually sending several invoice reminders
    via the invoices list view in Wave.

Definitely a bug, and a serious problem to have reminders silently enabled globally.

• Options
    tom_29tom_29 Member Posts: 1

Can anyone with Wave confirm this problem has been fixed!!!
    Wave has sent out more reminders to half a dozen customers, for the second time. .. they receieved them at 6 am on sunday morning!!! Nothing more embarassing than a phone call from a pissed off customer sunday morning about a invoice reminder for the second time that has been paid.
    I have turned Reminders off , which was horrrible it came on by default to begin with... but even worse that it keeps getting sent out

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thanks for voicing your concerns here. Cutting to the point of your concerns here, turning off the reminders from Settings > Invoice Customization will only affect invoices that have not been sent or marked as sent. In order to turn off the reminders on invoices that have already been sent out, you will need to click into them and turn them off from the invoice themselves. We're very sorry for the confusion that has come from this, and are actively working on adding phrasing to the site that will explain this better.

• Options
    Abraham_Garcia46Abraham_Garcia46 Member Posts: 1

Is the reminder can be automatically sent within 14 days. After that will it send automatically or do we have to manually send it?