Options

Do you have a french version of your application?

cdesbienscdesbiens Member Posts: 1

Do you have a french version of your application?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @cdesbiens. We don't currently support any other languages than English. There's a few tweaks you can do to best accommodate your clients, however.

We allow quite a bit of leeway in customizing your invoices, and you can change the wording on just about everything manually. You can find out how here.

• Options
    ChanelChanel Member Posts: 4

Hey Alexia: I know you can customize the invoice, but is there a way we can customize the email the clients receive to have it in French ?

• Options
    ChanelChanel Member Posts: 4

Nevermind...I found it

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to hear that, @Chanel!

• Options
    AlexGTAlexGT Member Posts: 3

Hi,

Should we expect a complete French version or a way to customize fully the estimate/invoice soon?
    I think I did all I could to customize the invoice now, but there is still English in there ( total amount, English date..) that need to be removed/edit with a pdf tool...

Since you partner with RBC (Canada is officially bilingual) I'm guessing a French version is in the work...
    http://www.rbc.com/nouvelles/news/2017/20171012-wave-smallbus.html

Can we expect it for 2019?

I really really like the app, and hope to use it for a long time, but the French/English invoice is very unprofessional and the process of editing each pdf is too time-consuming.

Thanks in advance !!

A.

• Options
    laruchelaruche Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Almost made the switch from my old platform to yours, but lack of translation and import tool (for past invoices) stopped me from doing so...

It's unfortunate because other than that, the platform is amazing. But these little hick-ups makes the app dysfunctional for me and I'm sure a lot of other people can say the same about it (with languages other than french).

I'm sure a multi-language feature would attract more customers than other whistles and bells. I'll stay tune to see if you guys ever make that update.

I'm also a RBC client.

Thanks!

• Options
    leonleon Member Posts: 1

Hi

I also really like your service but lack of translations stopp me from switching from another provider (German). If you add german, you can reach customers in Germany, Austria ans Switzerland, some really wealthy countries…

Thanks for considering.
    Noel

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi all, thank you for the suggestions, and my apologies there aren't currently translated versions of our application available! I can confirm our Team is aware of these requests though, and are looking into hopefully implementing these in the future. I can't guarantee this will be implemented, but it given how highly requested it is, it is worth checking back for updates from time to time!

• Options
    StudiopixStudiopix Member Posts: 2

+1 for french customization for estimates and invoicing. Few companies won’t make the switch because they say they can’t send invoices if they are not bilingual.

• Options
    rlemonnrlemonn Member Posts: 2

+1000 for a french version. I think your platform is really great but in Quebec, this is mandatory through Bill 101 to get a french version of a document and I think your software is enough mature to get an update with a french version. Lots of french people out there (like myself) are available and ready to test the version.

• Options
    JPMichelJPMichel Member Posts: 1

Need a french version please.

• Options

I think we don't really need a French version of the app itself to be able to work, but a way to fully customize invoice so you don't need to go to a pdf editor to send pro invoice in French. Let's hope Q1 of 2019 is the timeline for the update ;)!

• Options

Yes!
    Any update on the timeline for full customization of the invoice to be able to work in French?

• Options
    Elvyne963Elvyne963 Member Posts: 3

Yes I'm also very interested in a french version (Also from Quebec !)

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all, I totally understand that depending on your business type and where you have clients, you might require bilingual or French invoices even if your business is not located in Quebec. However, right now, a French language version of Wave is not on our roadmap. A French version of the app raises issues beyond just those of translation, and we're not resourced to actively pursue that mission right now.

That said, thank you so much taking the time to leave your feedback, we truly appreciate it.

• Options
    SmithySmithy Member Posts: 4

@Sophia said:
    Hi all, I totally understand that depending on your business type and where you have clients, you might require bilingual or French invoices even if your business is not located in Quebec. However, right now, a French language version of Wave is not on our roadmap. A French version of the app raises issues beyond just those of translation, and we're not resourced to actively pursue that mission right now.

That said, thank you so much taking the time to leave your feedback, we truly appreciate it.

So why not make the invoice templates fully customisable? In France, it is a legal requirement that all estimates and invoices are in French. Having 90% in French and 10% in English simply because we can't edit the field names isn't workable. I have to issue invoices in both English and French because my customer base is English speaking but legally they must receive estimates and invoices in French. The ability to customise and save templates is surely the most logical, least taxing way to provide invoicing in other languages.

That's not the only reason to have the templates fully customisable, either. In the 'payment due' field, they are all prefabricated with no other option but to choose one option Wave has deemed the only ones necessary. Why not have the ability to create our own 'payment due' options? FREX: Upon signature of the contract or, four weeks prior to arrival? Etc., etc. There's no free texting in the box. Not that I've found, at least, but I have only just started exploring it, so maybe I've missed something.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Smithy and thanks for your well articulated feature ideas. I agree that a fully customizable invoice template would be ideal for the specific situation that you have outlined. In saying that, it's not something that we are currently planning however, this could change in the future.

• Options
    LucasDcrkLucasDcrk Member Posts: 1

As a developer I understand it's really hard to make a website / webapp support multiple languages but this is not what we are asking for.
    I am bilingual so I have no difficulty using the wave app in english (I even prefer it this way).
    But because I live in france I am legally required to have 100% french invoices and estimates. We don't even ask you to support french for invoices but just allowing us to edit every label in invoices ("BILL TO", "ESTIMATE NUMBER", "ESTIMATE DATE", "EXPIRES ON", "GRAND TOTAL") the same manner we can edit column names.

It would **require minimal effort and allow everyone in the world **(not just france) to use your awesome software. But right now using it as is exposes us to legal issues.

I can even help you translate invoice fields (for free) if you want to do it automatically.

edited April 25, 2020
  • Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @LucasDcrk! Thanks for reaching out here and sharing this feedback with us. I can see how this would mean a lot to you and many other businesses worldwide using Wave, especially if there are legalities involved. Your offer to translate is much appreciated. To be transparent, this is not on our short term roadmap but I hope we are able to offer this capability in the future!

• Options
    StudiopixStudiopix Member Posts: 2

This is too bad, not considering french on your roadmap is a huge error. Your competition is taking over now and they have this option. Even in spanish there is a potential. I also can offer you French and Spanish translation to help.

• Options
    HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

And... here's another example of a very simple thing that Wave complicates without any rhyme or reason. Allowing for the customisation of the field names would only take a little effort, and some lines of code. If this goes against Wave's policies or whatnot, then making a replica of the current invoice available, with the proper language labels (whidh this community has volunteered to translate), and making it available just as another template would take even less of an effort.

Someone at Wave should really take a wake-up call and take a look at the very basic needs of the user base a little bit more.

• Options
    SactourisSactouris Member Posts: 1

Yes absolutely... more fields to customize the invoice and I could wait for the eventual french support.

• Options
    chiggins2021chiggins2021 Member Posts: 2

There are 9 fields that need an option to customize the name of the fields while there are five fields for which we have an option to change the heading. Doesn't seem very complicated to make an update that has been requested two years ago... Was going to use Wave but nevermind if I can't make my invoices in French.
    For other users that pointed it that other softwares provide these options, could you elaborate? I am still looking for an easy invoicing option.

edited March 6, 2021
  • Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @chiggins2021 !

For full transparency, Wave does not have any plans on our current product roadmap to support other languages in our software. As I'm sure you can understand, translation is a significant undertaking, especially when combined with the nuances of accounting language. A poor translation would mean a poor experience for our users. As Wave expands, this is something that we might look into down the line, but at this time we're only available in English. Sorry for the inconvenience.

edited March 12, 2021
  • Options
    chiggins2021chiggins2021 Member Posts: 2

The issue that you seem to fail to grasp is that there not a need for translation from Wave but rather a need to customization. Just allow those 9 fields to be customizable (as you do for other standard fields) that your software will be usable in any European language.

• Options
    personperson Member Posts: 3

@JulianP said:
    Hey there @chiggins2021 !

For full transparency, Wave does not have any plans on our current product roadmap to support other languages in our software. As I'm sure you can understand, translation is a significant undertaking, especially when combined with the nuances of accounting language. A poor translation would mean a poor experience for our users. As Wave expands, this is something that we might look into down the line, but at this time we're only available in English. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"does not have any plan on our current product roadmap" wah.. It says it all. You guys need to make 9 fields translatable to open to basically ANY market but it "isn't on your roadmap.bravo. really.

• Options
    ElfensunnElfensunn Member Posts: 1

It would be maybe simpler and more flexible to have all invoice fields available to edit. Then having an option to save Invoice customization as presets. That way we could create any translations we'd want on the user side.

• Options
    alexgauvinalexgauvin Member Posts: 1

I have been asking these features (fully customizable invoice and complete translated UI.) since 2012.
    I still have an email from then, asking about multi-lingual features with the same crappy answers from support guys.
    I even cast my vote for that with many many others when that was a feature on the forum.

Wave is simply not interested in non-english speaking people. That's all !!! Crystal Clear !!!
    There is absolutely no other intelligent reasons why Wave has not yet engaged in translating their app. They don't like non english speaking people and they don't care about it.

I'm periodically checking Wave to see if they would change their position on this topic.
    Wave is one of the best app for accounting, and still the worse on the market.

That's one of those things that does not make me proud to be canadian.

Vraiment désolant et regrettable.