Linking imported transactions to invoices in a different currency

emmegiemmegi Member Posts: 8

Why does wave not let me link imported transactions to invoices when the transaction is in an account which is of a different currency from the business but the invoice is of that same currency.

Here are some more details of my setup. I have my business setup with a base currency of EUR. However, I have clients who pay in USD. I invoice them in USD. I have a bank account in USD and another one in EUR. Payments in USD goes to the USD account.

When i import transactions from by bank accounts i can link transactions from my EUR account to EUR invoices but i cannot link transactions from my USD account to USD invoices. Why?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @emmegi . This is currently a limitation of the platform. A good workaround to accomplish this is to mark the invoice as paid through the invoice itself which will create a corresponding transaction in your Transactions page, which you can then merge with the bank imported payment.

• emmegiemmegi Member Posts: 8

Do you think this could be made possible at some point?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@emmegi I don't think this is currently on the team's radar due to the ability to accomplish this with the workaround. I'll definitely pass your feedback along to the team though so they know we have a user requesting this implementation!