Skipping a recurring payment

dljordanekudljordaneku Member Posts: 10

I have customers that pay me monthly for a service I provide. I have them set up on a recurring invoice that gets sent out at the first of the month. I would like to start a promotion with them for referrals that if they refer someone to my service and they sign up and pay for three months, that they get a free month of service from me. Is there a way to have Wave "skip" a monthly invoice?

Darrel

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @dljordaneku . There's no way to set the recurring to actually skip a date, although setting your invoices to manual sending for this time period may be the best way to do it.

When you set an invoice to have the invoices be sent manually by you, they will actually create them and put them in the invoices tab. You can choose to not send this invoice out and just delete it, and then go back to switching the invoice to automatic sending.

• dljordanekudljordaneku Member Posts: 10

@AlexL so if I set it to manual on, to use an example, Sept. 24, then on Oct. 1, that invoice won't go out and I can just delete it after Oct. 1. Then I set it back to automatic and the Nov. 1 invoice will go out automatically on Nov. 1st. Am I understanding that correctly?
    Darrell

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭