Options

Add [Vendor] and [Customer] to Multiple Transaction Edit

christopherdaweschristopherdawes Member Posts: 9

In [Accounting] [Transactions], when I check multiple transactions and choose [Edit], I can only change [Category] and [Tax], but many of my transactions have the same [Customer] or [Vendor], so it would be nice to be able to change those at the same time, rather than go back into each every transaction and set the [Customer] or [Vendor] one by one, which quickly becomes tedious and time consuming when doing so for 50 transactions or more.

edited September 22, 2019 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @christopherdawes

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We've heard a bit of noise from our customers who would like more features to be added in the bulk edit tool. We will hopefully see some updates in the future (I apologize I don't have an ETA) to the bulk edit feature in Wave. We appreciate your business,
    take care.

• Barsin
  • Options
    Alex_7Alex_7 Member Posts: 3

This would be a HUGE benefit. It would bring great value to the purchases by vendor report. It would be an added coup if Wave learned which vendor is assigned to repeated transactions, similar to the way Wave automatically categorizes based on your previous work. Thanks guys, please keep up the great work!

• Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Alex_7 thanks for that suggestion! At this time, we don't have plans to introduce another level of auto-assigning/categorization in Wave with adding vendors/customers but we love the big picture thinking. We at Wave love to dream big and hope to make the accounting experience as complete as can be and appreciate your thoughtfulness!

• Options
    PlayerPrintsPlayerPrints Member Posts: 1

I just wanted to add another request for this feature in. I've seen many other request for it. It would be very beneficial if we could bulk assign a vendor at the same time as assigning category. As an example, I have multiple vendors that I do 10-20 transactions with per day and they require I pay by credit card per transaction. So there are a ton of individual transactions that show up. While I can assign a category for all transactions in the press of a button, I have to go through transaction by transaction to apply the vendor to the transaction. This helps me keep track of how much we are spending with each of our vendors, but it takes a lot of time to go through one by one to do it.

• Options
    mimamarketmiamimimamarketmiami Member Posts: 1

Any new update about this topic? I am looking forward to use this feature.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone! Thank you for taking the time and expressing your interest in this feature idea. For full transparency, we currently do not have this feature on our current product road map. At this time, we don't know when or if this feature will be implemented in Wave. With that being said, we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we frequently revisit/reevaluate feature ideas.