Shipping field in Checkout

nsoundnsound Member Posts: 3

I love the new Checkout (beta) feature, however, I can't use it because it's currently missing "shipping address" fields. There are only "Contact" and "Billing" fields. Best checkout practice (research-based) is to display payment details first, then billing details, then a checkbox "Shipping address is same as billing address". If the user unchecks the box, the shipping fields open up for the user to fill in.

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @nsound! Thanks for taking the time to do some research and provide your feedback! We really appreciate it! It sounds like the checkout links you create are for a product that you need to ship to the customer, so this is a crucial step for you! When you create a checkout, do you toggle on 'request address'? Or would a separate 'Shipping address' field be better to use? If you have any further details about your business and how you would like to use this feature, we would love to hear about it!

• nsoundnsound Member Posts: 3

Hi @EmmaP - I run a small workshop that sells a physical product. I did turn on the 'Request address' toggle in my Waves Checkout (beta) but clients that have different shipping and billing addresses find the words 'Contact details' at the top of the Wave checkout page confusing. A simple solution for Wave could be to update the words 'Contact details' to: 'Shipping address'. Flipping the order of billing and shipping to meet best practices is not a must but could help increase checkout completion rates :wink:

edited October 5, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @nsound . This is some great insight that I can bring back to the team. Thanks so much for the feedback here!

• MoorparkmetalsMoorparkmetals Member Posts: 1
    I concur with this request it would be a major improvement to my operations as it would save me a step in emailing my customers back to collect this information