Accept credit card for only certain customers?

GregVeresGregVeres Member Posts: 24

Hi

I run a small business and every dollar counts. Up to now, I have avoided accepting credit cards because of the fees they charge. I really don't want to give away 3% of my revenue.

But I now have an international customer and it seems the cheapest way for that customer to pay is via credit card. So I am going to have to enable credit card payment for that customer and accept the hit.

But all my other customers have been fine paying me through other means. Is there a way to not show those customers the credit card option when I send them an invoice, yet allow credit card payment for the one customer who needs it?

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @GregVeres , thanks for reaching out about this!

You can turn off Credit Card payments in the invoice itself at the top of the page by turning the toggle on and off. If you only want one customer to have the capability of paying, you can turn the toggle for Payments on in that one, single invoice.

• GregVeresGregVeres Member Posts: 24

The UI isn't very obvious that you can turn on credit card processing for 1 invoice.
    I am looking at an invoice I have created and I want to turn on credit card processing for that one invoice. When I edit the invoice there is nothing in the UI that indicates which payment options are available to the customer. Therefore I dont think ou are talking aobut the edit/create invoice screen.

Once I have edited an invoice and I am viewing it, the only indication of payments is at the top where it says "Online payments *ON". If I click on that, I see that I have credit cards turned off and EFT turned on. Are you saying that if I enable credit card there, it affects just this single invoice?

If that is the case, then here is a tip for your UI designers.

When you put a control at the top of the screen like that, outside the boundaries of what you are looking at, it is assumed that the control is for the global state, not for the item I am looking at.
    To make this more obvious that it is a control just for this invoice, the control should have been put inside the Get Paid box. That would have made it more obvious, but even if it is there, it needs some sort of message that indicates turning it on here is just for this single invoice.

Greg

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @GregVeres The workflow that you suggested is correct! Thanks for your feedback in terms of the UI that you would think would make the Wave experience more streamlned. I will pass that feedback along to our Design Team :)