Unable to Delete Shipping Address

KotakSayurKotakSayur Member Posts: 3

I tried to delete different shipping address while I was on invoice page by checking the "Same as billing address". And then saving the invoice and I was unable to delete it. It used to be as easy as that but I was unable to do it now.

I tried to delete it on the Customers menu and the different shipping address was gone. But when I create another invoice using the same customer the different shipping address was there again even after I delete it on the Customers menu. I really don't know how to delete it. :/

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @KotakSayur

I'm wondering if you've got duplicates of the same customers here. When I go to an invoice and go to edit the customer, if I deselect the same as shipping address I'm able to edit the customer info here.

Another thing, I think you may need to achieve this under the Customer section, and uncheck shipping address check box. I tried this and when I created a new invoice the shipping address was no longer there.

Editing the customer info from the invoice level will only allow you to edit the info to something new, (since shipping addresses can change frequently) but you cannot delete it from here. That needs to be done on the customer page.

edited October 9, 2019
  • KotakSayurKotakSayur Member Posts: 3

Hi @BarsinA,

Thanks for the answer. Yup I've checked whether the customer have duplicates or not, and it's not. I also tried to delete it from the Customer section and it is gone on the Customer section, but if I tried to create new invoice the "Ship to" is still there.

The strange thing is, I can add and edit the "Ship to" but was unable to delete it. I mean I can delete every section except the mandatory section which is the "Ship to Contact" and have it saved, and everything was gone. But just can't delete the "Ship to" at all.

It all started about a few weeks ago, and I thought it would be gone. But it didn't.!

I'm willing to do a remote desktop session to show the problem if any certified administrator is interested.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @KotakSayur . I see what you're getting at here. I've escalated this to the appropriate team so they can take a further look at why the shipping address won't go away. I'll be reaching back out as soon as I have further information on this.

Hi @KotakSayur . This is definitely a bug. This has been acknowledged by the team and they'll be working on a fix some time soon.

I'll follow up when I've heard back about it being fixed.

Hi @KotakSayur . Still no updates from the team. As I mentioned previously, when this does get actioned, I will be sure to update you in this thread.

• KotakSayurKotakSayur Member Posts: 3

Great, thanks a lot @AlexL