Editing the note for the receipt that the customer gets

DeeDee Member Posts: 8

Hey all, with recurring invoices I used to be able to editing the note part where it said it was a "recurring invoice" and now I cannot find the option to do so... can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Dee! Are your recurring invoices currently set to 'automatic' sending & 'automatic' payments? You can check by going to: Sales > Recurring Invoices > click into an invoice to view the settings. If you have both of these settings applied and the customer has authorized their credit card for recurring payments, the flow will be a little different to manual settings. For automatic payments, the customer will not receive the invoice and payment receipt separately, but only the receipt (which will link through to the invoice if they wish to view details). As the receipt is generated and sent automatically in this case, you do not have the option to edit it before it is sent out. If you have any feedback on this process, I'd be happy to share it with our team!

• DeeDee Member Posts: 8

Hi @EmmaP, Yes the recurring invoices are currently automatic.

I have notice that if you create the recurring invoice without card details like you used to be able to do before you cannot edit the receipt or add the card details. However if you add the card details in the customer profile section then the recurring process is the same and you can edit the receipt etc.

All sorted on our end. Thankyou for the reply.