Bulk record a payment

gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

Why can I not select all unpaid invoices and record a payment simultaneously? I get paid via a debit system a bulk amount into my account each month, then I have to go and record a payment for 500 clients each month!!!! Do you know how long that takes! I just gave up and now it show over 300 unpaid invoices and I don't have time to go and record a payment for each. Not now or in future. Wave is starting to work on my tits.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @gustav . Can you break down exactly how you receive your money? For example, why do you receive a a bulk deposit for 500 different customers/payments? I'm interested in knowing exactly how your business works because maybe we can find a better way for you to handle this.

Let me know!

• gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

Ok, I send out automated recurring invoices to all my clients. They pay me for hosting of their websites. In South Africa I use Sagepay to collect the funds. It gets paid as a bulk amount on the same day to my account. On Sagepay back-end I can see who paid or if a clients payment did not go through. But for those who paid (mostly 100%) I want to select all on Wave and mark as paid. Otherwise it takes a day to run through all the customers individually and mark as paid. I don't use wave for any other accounting really.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @gustav . I'm afraid there's no way to mark more than one invoice at a time as paid in the platform. Wave was originally created for service-based businesses that didn't have tons and tons of invoices to sift through. Although the platform has changed a lot since then and our scope covers a much wider range, we still don't support this type of feature as the majority of our business owners don't require this functionality.

edited October 17, 2019
  • gustavgustav Member Posts: 6

well then I will just use another service provider. I cannot see how difficult it can be to create a field "select all" - cant be brain surgery...