Options

Attachments to Bills

finanse_szkola2019finanse_szkola2019 Member Posts: 2

Hello Wave Team,
I would like to ask if there is any plan to include attachments to your bills.
In a typical business practice like ours, we often receive invoices from the suppliers prior to sending them a payment, the invoices are still coming in the paper/pdf form and I would like to be able to attach such an invoice to my Bill entry.
In case of any errors, having copy of the invoice at hand helps tremendously to track the right numbers.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Anna

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@finanse_szkola2019 Full transparency. This isn't something that we are working toward in Wave at this moment. It is a feature that has been heavily requested in the past, but we still don't have any immediate plans to bring this in full force.

• Options
    MonikaSMonikaS Member Posts: 1

Hi Everyone! Is it possible to attach a pdf document to a Bill when creating ?

• Options

Hi Everyone! Is it possible to attach a pdf document to a Bill when creating ?

• Options
    BoundarylessJedBoundarylessJed Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

I have a similar question...We can import receipts. It sure would be nice to import bills. Wave team, can this be added as a feature request? I'd like to import a PDF or JPG of a bill, rather than having to create it. It seems you could very well re-purpose the receipt import function into the bills function. It would make recording accounts payable so much easier and I'd actually use that feature, instead of ignoring it and doing something outside of Wave.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@MonikaS . You cannot currently attach anything to a Bill in the system. What's your need for this feature? I'd love to hear more about how this would improve your business workflow.

@BoundarylessJed I've seen this feature idea come in a few times before. What kind of bills do you have that you'd be looking to scan into Wave to make it easier on your workflow? I'm interested in getting a better idea of how your business works to see how this would fit into it.

• Options

Dear Alex,
    Would be great and very helpful to attach any Bills coming up for the business, so we would have a copy saved in the system, which we could check or refer to anytime.
    Also as per BoundarylessJed:
    "It would make recording accounts payable so much easier and I'd actually use that feature, instead of ignoring it and doing something outside of Wave."
    Many thanks.

• Options
    BoundarylessJedBoundarylessJed Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

@AlexL Yes, as @MonikaS mentioned above, it would simplify the process. Currently, I have to keep track and add up all my bills separately in a spreadsheet to know my accounts payable total. Instead, I'd like to just upload to Wave as an unpaid bill and then it would go into Accounts Payable. The system could extract info from the bill (just as it does when a receipt is uploaded) and autopopulate some of the details, making it less manual. We could easily reference the uploaded bill in the future. Once it is paid, we can either upload a receipt, or mark the bill has paid, creating a transaction that credits accounts payable. Does that help?

• Options
    jthompsonjthompson Member Posts: 3

I'd very much like to have the ability to attach one or more files to a Wave Bill.

My business has regular monthly expenses like internet and phone charged to my credit card. I create a Wave Bill for all of these with myself as the Vendor. I print the Wave Bill to PDF (I'd not pretty - I upvoted this feature request in the Community) and combine with the PDF invoices for the internet, phone, etc.

It would be great to attach the PDFs to the Bill and have the ability to export the Bill, and the attachments, as a single PDF file.