Options

Why Are Memo / Notes in "Record a Payment" Form Visible on the Receipt?

abajanabajan Member Posts: 10

Several minutes ago, after sending a receipt to a client, I discovered that a note I added in the Memo/notes field of the Record a Payment form is included on the receipt! I'd always assumed whatever was entered in that field could be seen by me only. After submitting the form and clicking "Send a Receipt", had I not checked the "Send a copy to myself at [my email address]" box, I wouldn't have known this. In the copy emailed to me, when I clicked the link after "You can always view your receipt online, at:", I saw the note I thought was private.

Thankfully, what I wrote wasn't anything that would cause too much embarrassment. From now on, I'm going to have to be very careful what I type in that field. Not happy about this.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @abajan . You're correct in saying this does appear in the receipt that's available in the customer's invoice (accessible as soon as the invoice is marked as paid). When you choose to actively send a receipt via email, this memo/note will not appear in this version of the receipt as it only appears in the receipt accessible from the invoice.