Old invoices affected by changes to company contact info

DevinDevin Member Posts: 10

Hello,

When an employee leave their company, we need to update the contact person at company (e.g. name, email, phone, etc.). After changes were made to the company contact, the previous invoices should be retaining its original data after the invoice was sent rather than update all invoices in archive with the latest contact.

Thanks,

Devin

Comments

• Benbattjes23Benbattjes23 Member Posts: 1

Having the same issue as you Devin. I changed my company name and it changed every previous invoice I had ever sent..

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Devin @Benbattjes23! It sounds like you may be facing similar situations but quite the same ones. In any case, I'm happy to shed some light on both situations!

Devin - it sounds like you are looking to change the information for a customer in Wave since they have left the business that you invoice. In Wave, you would create invoices for your customers on the customer level and not the business level. This means that if your contact at the business has changed, rather than editing the current customer, you should create a new customer in your customer list so that the historical invoices are not adjusted.

Ben - This sounds like expected behaviour. Wave would typically see a business name change as something that you would want corrected throughout all of your business records (Especially if it was a typo, or adding a dba, where most businesses would consider using their legal business name and also their dba in their invoicing). Curious if you can explain your situation a little more in depth. I'm curious about the reason why you were changing the business name? Was this related to a Typo, or potentially a dba that you added?

• DevinDevin Member Posts: 10

Hi @JordanD @Benbattjes23

Jordan - I have been duplicating the customers with its respective email and contact details. When a person leaves the company, I do not see an option to archive that contact so would be great if we can see this feature.

An invoice/quote should be locked down after it was sent. Seeing that it is possible to alter previous invoices after it was sent, it will be necessary to download the invoice/quote in PDF format going forward.

Thanks,

Devin

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Devin! You are correct, at the moment there isn't an option to 'archive' customers if you no longer work with them. I must admit, I really like this feature idea so thanks for sharing that with us!