What to do if you can't see your Wave data

2»

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @rjgautodetailing !

Do you mind clarifying the issue you are experiencing? This will give me a better understanding of the situation and will allow me to assist you further.

In the meantime, if you are having trouble accessing certain pages, you can often resolve such issues with some browser troubleshooting steps. We have a great Help Center article you can check out here if you'd like.

• JannieJannie Member Posts: 1

I have sent invoices to clients via your "send invoice" tab, but where can i see that the email has been sent from my email address?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @Jannie !

When invoices are sent via the "Send invoice" button, they aren't sent directly from your email address, but through Wave. This means that the emails are technically sent to your customers from a Wave email address, so you won't be able to see those emails as sent from your own email address.

Your email address in the "From" section when clicking "Send invoice" will appear elsewhere on the invoice, and is there so that your customers have an email address to contact you at.

If you would like to be able to view the invoices as emails sent directly from your email address, you can use the "Get share link" option, or any of the sending options under the "More actions" drop down!

edited February 1, 2021
  • gage369gage369 Member Posts: 3

Dear Sir/Madam
    I have used Waveapps since 2015, its user friendly UI design is second to none. I have recommended it to many of my friends. Now I couldn't find the data before 2018. The search engine only give 2021.2020. 2019 options. I checked setting, checked Reports, nowhere I could find the transactions before 2019. where can I find 2015-2018 data? Many thanks!

Best regards

Grace

• Felix_GFelix_G Member Posts: 1

Dear Sir/Madam
    The Account Balances report Ending Balance and Account Transaction Ending Balance are showing different numbers, for the same time period for the same account.. It is like there is a transaction that is "hidden" from a transaction list but included in Account Balance calculation. Because of this anomaly, the balance reports are off.
    Is there a way to unhide/restore that missing transation?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @gage369 !

It's nice to see that you have been with Wave for almost 7 years!

There are several reasons you may not be seeing what you expect to see when you log into Wave. We've listed them in a handy table along with what you can do to fix the issue - you can see that table here!

If you are still unable to access your data after going through the troubleshooting steps provided in the table, don't hesitate to get back in touch. Also, feel free to share some screenshots with me. This will allow me to assist you further.

Hello @Felix_G !

After doing some digging, it looks like one of our support agents assist you with this via your ticket request. If you have any other questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to get back in touch! :smile:

• DebDenDebDen Member Posts: 1

All my Receipts information has gone!!! Such a shame you have broken a system that worked by trying to improve it

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hello @DebDen ,

Although we've recently removed the Receipts page, all receipts that were posted to your accounting should be found attached to their associated transactions. This is under the Receipts tab when opening an individual transaction.

Any receipts not posted to accounting when we removed this page can be found in your receipts data export, under Settings > Data Export, along with the rest of your receipts :smile:

• BrowncoatOkieBrowncoatOkie Member Posts: 2

A connected account has disappeared

• francois12ukfrancois12uk Member Posts: 16

HELP! I accidentally deleted all my entries in my Cash on Hand account. These are manually entered, each entry eith receipts, and they have all disappeared. I wanted to delete one entry and did not notice that something seems to have reversed my selection - when I clicked delete it deleted everything in that account, including previous years, except that one entry.

I did notice it was taking unusually long, and suspected it was deleting more than one entry, so I tried to abort (there is no abort button) by logging off, hoping it would not complete. But alas, when I logged back on all the data was wiped out. Alll my other accounts (bank etc) entries are fine.

Is there any way of restoring all those entries? E.g. reverting to a position before I did the last delete (30 minutes ago). Could you please tell me how I can undo that last delete or restore to a position before the last delete? I need this urgently. Thank you!

• Martin1776Martin1776 Member Posts: 2

reconciliation page is blank, even though earlier this week I was able to access several of the accounts to bring reconciliations up to date.