Bug: Invoice status 'Viewed' after using 'Preview as Customer'

JimmyWilkinsJimmyWilkins Member Posts: 8

In reviewing a batch of newly created invoices, I noticed that using the 'Preview as Customer' function resulted in the invoices being marked 'Viewed', though they have not yet even been sent to the customer.

I am sure you can understand how this could introduce trouble into the invoicing workflow, since it means that 'Unsent' status is erased, potentially leading to failure to actually invoice, and also that 'Viewed' is now reported as a false positive, potentially leading to mistaken follow ups with the customer.

Thanks.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @JimmyWilkins! That definitely sounds like a tricky one. I've just checked in with my Invoicing teams and they're letting me know that this is absolutely not expected behaviour. I've raised a bug ticket with my developers, and I will let you know here as soon as I hear further on this.

• JimmyWilkinsJimmyWilkins Member Posts: 8

Thanks very much!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JimmyWilkins . As we continue to look into solving this, I do have a question for you from the team as they try to reproduce the bug. Can you reproduce this behaviour in a new invoice, and if you can, what steps do you take, all the way from the creation of the invoice to the point of having the invoice marked as viewed?

Let me know!

Yes.

I Create a New Invoice from the Invoices screen, including selecting a customer and a product, and hit Save & Continue. Then I Approve Draft. New invoice is now created and status is marked Unsent.

Then I click More Actions and Preview as Customer. A preview screen comes up and I click Go Back to Wave. When I arrive back in Wave, the invoice is now marked as Viewed.

It seems like the most obvious way to perform the operation... I'm not sure what would be unclear to the team?

@JimmyWilkins When trying to re-create the issue to determine the solution, any single step which differs from what you're doing may not cause the same events to happen, so the team was looking to see if they were doing anything different than you.

Would I be able to grant myself access to your business to take a further look? In addition to this, can you point out a few invoice #s that this has happened to?

Thanks!

That's fine to access my files and have a look. Please limit your access to the next 30 days unless we agree to extend that timeline.

I don't remember which specific invoices this has happened with in the past (since they have now been paid), but I can replicate the problem on new invoices. See invoices #47 and #48.

Hey @JimmyWilkins . I'd be happy to remove myself from the account when we're done troubleshooting this process. I'm having trouble recreating the issue. I've followed your steps, but the invoice remains in an "unsent" status after previewing it.

Do you find that this happens consistently with the same customer / with the same product on the invoice? Also, I notice that invoice #47 and #48 are both recurring invoices which means that the system is generating them automatically. They're also both currently marked as sent.