Entering sales over counter - no invoicing

KJ80KJ80 Member Posts: 6

Hi there!

I'm wondering if there is a way to enter daily sales over the counter or is it all only by Invoice? We have a restaurant/take away business and don't invoice our customers. I'm trying to find out how to just enter daily Cash & EFT sales but all I can find is about invoicing?

Can anyone assist with this?

Thank you :-)

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@KJ80,
    If you have your bank account connected, when transactions are imported you can record sales.

• KJ80KJ80 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for that Mikeg, I'll give it a go.

@KJ80,
    No problem. You do not need to issue invoices to record sales. You can use the deposits in your bank account. Best of luck!

Thank you. I have only one issue, we don't bank often so there aren't cash deposits to match my daily cash, is there a way to record the cash sales? The cash is used for paying some of our suppliers and bills which are recorded in the receipts/purchases section. I just can't record the cash sales.

@KJ80,
    You can always manually enter your transaction. Go to Accounting/Transactions. Top of screen enter income. Complete fields, be sure to select the bank account. You can also record expenses the same way by clicking on record expense.

Thank you so much Mikeg. The key was adding the bank account which I wouldn't have considered because bank rec is way too complicated for my transfers in and out. It is a very clever system I can see!

Cheers, KJ