Reviewing your transactions: Updates to verify

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageReviewing your transactions: Updates to verify

As you add or import transactions into Wave, the Review tool helps you stay on top of the work you need to complete on the Transactions page.
We’ve made some language changes to help ensure ease an...

Read the full story here

edited October 28, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• AndréKochAndréKoch Member Posts: 17

I was using the verify/review feature to reconcile my bank statement but now the journal transactions display incorrectly in wave reconciliation. It displays the entire value of the journal entry instead of the separate individual transactions made to the bank account within the journal transaction! This is incorrect! You had it correctly in the old version of Wave. Please correct it. Thank you!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @AndréKoch! Can you give me some more context around what you've seen here? Any screenshots or examples of this? Would love to see what's happening and what kind of resolution we can find.

• travellinglanguagestravellinglanguages Member Posts: 1

Hi, I used to reconcile all transactions with the bank statement and only the verified transactions were the one that matched the statement. Now, I see there is the new option of reconciliation (I could not comment on the reconciliation article, so I commented here), but when I try to reconcile, for example the credit card account, I see some of the old transactions are not verified anymore... even if they were until the end of August as I verified them all against the statements.
    Why is that after the migration to the new system there are transactions that are no longer verified? How can I reconcile the account without checking every single line from the past statements?

Hey @travellinglanguages! The old version of Wave Accounting let you mark transactions as verified without choosing a category. In the new version, we no longer allow you to mark a transaction reviewed until you choose a category. When we updated your account, these transactions that are not categorized will now show as unreviewed. I'm thinking that's likely what's happening here!

• FMELLOFMELLO Member Posts: 6

This goes as a comment and also a question: shouldn't the Verified transactions show as Reconciled? Thank you

Hey @FMELLO! Great point. I'll make sure to pass your feedback along.

• MamaBeaMamaBea Member Posts: 1
    Is there a way to make a report that only includes the reviewed transactions?
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @MamaBea! There isn't a report you can create that will only show 'reviewed' transactions. From the Transactions page you can use the 'filters' to search for reviewed vs non-reviewed. Is there any particular reason you want a report for only 'reviewed' transactions?

• AndréKochAndréKoch Member Posts: 17

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @AndréKoch! Can you give me some more context around what you've seen here? Any screenshots or examples of this? Would love to see what's happening and what kind of resolution we can find.

It's fine @ConnorM, I've found that what I used to do with journal I can finally do quite easily with transactions :smile: