Cash Payment receipt print

UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello,

We have a business wherein the cash transaction contributes 10% of the total turnover.
We need to pay cash to local vendors and same can be recorded in the transaction tab.

Is it possible to print the transaction or can be exported/saved as PDF?

Regards
Vipin

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @UHRP3.

Could you give a detailed, concrete example of such a transaction? Describe to me the process of your interaction with a given vendor from start to finish. It'll give me the best idea of where I should be pointing you to. Would this be a document you would be giving your vendor, or something for your records?

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @Alexia

See below an example

A plumber/carpenter comes to complete some said work, he never give any receipt but do his work and we are suppose to pay him in cash.

The process we follow in wave is as below

Add an expense in the transaction which will affect the Cash account and vendor account (we have created a vendor with the name "Virtual Vendor")
    and in the description we mention his name and the work done

Requirement : We need to save this Cash transaction as PDF which can be later printed (which is required for audit)

edited March 1, 2018

@UHRP3, my recommendation would be to create a bill, from the Bills page, under Purchases, instead of creating it in the transactions page. You'll be able to keep track of those transactions by vendors on the Bills page.

As for printing copies of those individual transactions, that's not possible in Wave, currently. You can, however, go find those transactions under the right account in your Account Transactions report, by choosing the right category to filter. The transactions for bills will all be named following this format: Vendor Name - Bill Number - Item Name.

if that isn't enough information for you, you could also take a screenshot of the bill in Wave and print a copy of that.

edited March 1, 2018
  • UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @Alexia

Yes we are following the same process as mentioned by you.

Is it possible to give the option to print in the Bill, if you see there are only three options View/Edit, Add a Payment and Delete see below

We tried by printing in Chrome by Right Click and then Print, but some how only the item details are printed and the header is missing, see below how its prints

edited March 3, 2018

Hi @UHRP3.

It's not something that Wave can do right now, but if it's important to your business, I'd recommend reading through this post on how we choose features to build for Wave, and then post a feature request under Wave Features following the guidelines in that same post.

For now, however, the way you're doing it is the only way to print out detailed bills.

• phototracyphototracy Member Posts: 10

I second @UHRP3 for this feature to print out bills.

For myself as a photographer who outsources other people to shoot and do post production, every month I need to pay these vendors for their work. Previously I would keep a spreadsheet to mark these transactions and breakdowns, then enter the total of each payment into Wave. My accountant this year has said this was not enough as proof, and would prefer if each payment was laid out with a receipt.

Using the Bills function on Wave would help, if only I could properly print them out or export as a PDF and send like my invoices to clients.

I think this problem would apply to a lot of businesses that have any kind of vendors and need a paper trail to show the payment breakdown.

Thank you for your feedback, @phototracy!

Thanks @Alexia , hope you and Team Wave will consider this feedback to bump up this feature.

I think at the very least we should be able to print bills with the headers.

I can't make any guarantees, @phototracy, but I can tell you that feedback from our users has a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave. Thank you for taking the time to share yours! I'll pass it along to our product team :)

@Alexia Just checking in to see if there's any progress on this request. The end of the year is approaching and soon enough I will need to print out these bills as proof to my accountant. Would be great to be able to export my bills as pdf or at least properly print them for my records. Thanks.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @phototracy, my apologies that there hasn't been an update about this yet. By the looks of things it does not appear this will be implemented in time for tax season, but I'm going to submit another feature request on your behalf any way. A little bit of a workaround we have at present would be to head over to Settings > Data Export, and select the accounting option. This will send you an email with a few CSV files, one of which is an overview of your bills (it will list amount, date, items, vendor). The CSV itself is a little difficult to read, but you could import it into excel or google sheets and print it as a physical report.

Thank you @Samd for the update. It's disappointing that the feature cannot be implemented in time for tax season. Sounds like the hack is more effort than it's worth, and I might as well make my own sheets from now on. Please keep us posted if this ever gets implemented. Thanks.

• melissa_dkbhospmelissa_dkbhosp Member Posts: 1

Has there been an update to this request? I also really need to be able to print the bills I enter. Since the Purchase Order function isn't being explored currently, this would be an ideal and easy solution if I was able to print the bills.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi @melissa_dkbhosp, sorry about that! There hasn't been any updates for this yet unfortunately, but I will make sure the feedback gets to our Product Team. To give more clarity into the process, right now the bulk of what our team has been doing on the coding end is finalizing migration of users from our old system to our updated platform, which has been going on for quite sometime. Due to feedback we received however, we realized there were certain aspect that did not translate over well, and in order to ease the remaining migration, as well as to assist the users who have been migrated, there has been a push to update two parts of Wave. So right now most of the developmental focus has been on bettering reconciliation, and examining movement of transactions from business to personal. When there is a development on bill printing however, we can update this thread to notify users!

• BaderBader Member Posts: 3

Any Updates on this? we've been waiting for this feature for too long

• RalphxGlennRalphxGlenn Member Posts: 4

Hi guys, just want to touch base on this. Even if we can just print the header of the Bills would be great.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Bader & @RalphxGlenn! Thanks for reaching out here. I'm afraid that I do not have any news that this feature is on the immediate roadmap. Workarounds are still the best way to try and print bills (usually by right clicking and then selecting print) but I understand this is not the ideal workflow.