Options

General Journal

JakeIdrisJakeIdris Member Posts: 4
Hi! I have not found a similar thread about this so let me open the discussion.

This is an enhancement suggestion which probably will help other accountants as well:

1. Can the journal entries have sequence numbers so it will be easy to identify the entries thay may have to be adjusted/corrected?

2. Can you add in the Reports a General Journal? This is a sequential listing of the journal entries as they are posted in the books. External and tax auditors are looking for this book and it will be helpful if we can generate them easily.

3. Once the above functionalities are added into the Wave system, the General Ledger will then show the journal entries per line item. This way, it will be easy to trace the transactions.

If there's workround available, let me know as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JakeIdris . Thank for reaching out about this. In full transparency, there are no plans to add this to the system, but we're always looking for new ways to enhance the Wave system. Thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    GreigHGreigH Member Posts: 4

How about adding a way to print everything that is shown in Transactions? This is a poor second choice to creating a Journal Report, but it would get me part of what I need.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @GreigH !

If you'd like, you can press Control/Command + P to print your Transactions page. Alternatively, you can print out an Accounting Transactions (General Ledger) report by heading over to Reports > Accounting Transactions (General Ledger) and pressing the Export button in the top right hand corner of the page. You can downland a PDF copy, open it, and print it.