Why does Wave need so much Private information and share our data with the Gov?

mofelizmofeliz Member Posts: 3

Some one please Explain. It almost seems like Wave is Owned or backed by the IRS. Really. I've just signed up to 6 other Similar online products and NONE of them had me upload Photos, ID, Tax info, SS# and all this BS, like what the hell?

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@mofeliz,
    Are you using Wave for Payroll? If so, that is why. For just setting up a bookkeeping/invoicing account it does not ask for those items.

• mofelizmofeliz Member Posts: 3

Not at All. Im a part time Graphic Designer. I just want to send a client a $90 invoice and Wave wants me to upload an ID, SS# etc etc....

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@mofeliz,
    I would assume you could ignore. It does give you the ability to enter ID numbers. Since Wave is used around the world some jurisdictions require ID numbers be included on the invoice.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @mofeliz . Sounds like this is to set up Wave Payments to process your payments directly through Wave. As we are a payment processor, we do require all of this info under the Know Your Customer act for compliance reasons since we're moving money on your behalf. If all you do is want to send an invoice without processing the payment through us, navigate over to Sales > Invoices to do so.

edited October 30, 2019