Options

Bank upload does not import

LittleFishLittleFish Member Posts: 9

I have uploaded a bank statement twice and both times it all seemed to go fine, up to and including confirming upload, but then it reverts to the upload screen and the transactions never actually appear in the transactions list.
It is a csv file. I have formatted it correctly. It is a large-ish file (about 1,500 transactions) but I have uploaded larger before with no trouble.
I haven't received any notification or error message either?
Please help!
Thanks

Tagged:
edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    EhlanzeniTriEhlanzeniTri Member Posts: 1

Experiencing the exact same problem. Have tried both OFX and CSV formats. Goes through the whole upload process, no errors but the transactions are not there

• Options
    vinaycallavinaycalla Member Posts: 1

Same experience here ... please resolve

• Options
    amrbackupamrbackup Member Posts: 5

LittleFish- Your problems sound just like mine, I started the thread: Duplicate transactions- that don't show up. I have sent in the requests for support, and I keep getting back the canned response: Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will include this data in our internal reporting as well as share it with our data provider for the long-term continuous improvement of our transaction import feature. support issue tickets 697694, 697685, 697542. Are there real people who answer the support tickets? because the suggestions they added after the text I posted are totally off.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, there is currently an issue with uploading bank statements making it impossible for users on the new version of Wave to upload their statements.

We are aware of the issue and are making fixing it a priority. We'll post an update here as soon as a fix is rolled out.

• Options

Hi again! The issue should now be solved. Please try uploading your statement again.

Let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

• Options

I just tried to upload one of my credit card statements and it pops up the window about duplicate transactions, I say yes to it but the transactions are not recorded at all, and there are no duplicates. your help note says to look in the imported transactions section, which I cannot find.
    I did try to import the transactions into a new dummy bank account, and they did import. when I try to import the same transactions into my credit card account it tells me that there will be duplicate transactions I cannot see the first or the duplicate transaction in the credit card account.

• Options
    LittleFishLittleFish Member Posts: 9

Looks like it's working for me now. Thanks so much.

• Options
    RetronatorRetronator Member Posts: 1

I am a new user, just tried to import a CSV file and it gets stuck on upload. Tried with Safari and Chrome. The spinning icon under the upload button appears and nothing else happens.

• Options
    huztlarhuztlar Member Posts: 7

Unfortunately no, this does not seem to be fixed.

Any information as to when it may be?

• Options

Hi @Retronator and @huztlar.

Can you both try clearing your browser cache and disabling any browser extension?

Let me know if that helps. If it doesn't I'll dig a little deeper and notify our engineers.

• Options

Hi @alexia. No, unfortunately that doesn't help whatsoever. I tried before. Nor different browsers.

• Options

Hi @huztlar.

Are you using CSV files? If so, you'll have to make sure that they conform to the guidelines outlined here.

Are you getting any error message when you try to upload your file?

• Options

@Alexia said:
    Hi @huztlar.

Are you using CSV files? If so, you'll have to make sure that they conform to the guidelines outlined here.

Are you getting any error message when you try to upload your file?

@Alexia, No. I have tried all these steps many many times. CSV and OFX. Nothing works. It gives generic error message not listed on that CSV page.

I have attached message.

• Options

Hi @huztlar, there's one more thing I'd like you to try, this time, with your OFX file.

Could you follow the steps outined here. I know the error message doesn't match up, but it still might fix the problem.

If that doesn't work, could you send me the CSV via direct message so I can test out a few things on my end? It'll help me figure out the root of the issue.

• Options
    likimz1likimz1 Member Posts: 4

I'm also experiencing the same problem. Transactions not uploaded. =(

• Options

I have found that I needed to look at the csv file in notepad to see what the format of the file was, I removed any extra characters at the end of the file, sometimes after I had opened the file in excel 2010 and then saved the file as a csv file it would add charcters and the file was not uploading. As long as I opened it up in notepad and took out any characters it would upload, it still gives the error message about duplicates, I clicked ok to let them be created, but I have never had any duplicates created.

• Options

Hi @likimz1.

Are you following the format from the article posted above?

Occasionally, as mentioned by @amrbackup, Excel adds extra characters to CSV files. The easiest way to clear them is to open the CSV is Google Sheets, download it again from there and use that file instead.

@amrbackup, good find! I'm glad to hear you tracked down the culprit. Excel doesn't always deal very well with CSV files. As for the duplicate warning, I think it's based on either the name the file, or some element of metadata attached to the file. It doesn't necessarily mean that duplicates will be created, just that Wave spotted a red flag. It's useful in cases where you would store all your CSVs in the same file on your computer, which can make it easy to choose the wrong file by accident.

• Options
    cherrietcherriet Member Posts: 1

I'm not able to upload my CSV file either. I selected all the corresponding columns and it asks me if I want to upload duplicate transactions. I click yes and none of the transactions appear.

• Options

Hi, @cherriet.

Can you share a screenshot with a few lines of your CSV? The Google Sheet trick mentioned in my last reply might also help.

• Options
    devinestormdevinestorm Member Posts: 12

I'm also having issues with some test data, please see attached image. I have tried all the methods mentioned. Also with real data in OFC format

• Options

Hi @devinestorm.

Can you try using slashes instead of dashes for your dates? What's the error message you're getting?

• Options

Hi @Alexia,

So last time I just copied what the template said to do, this time I copied and pasted into the actual template and still get the same problem.

Error Messge

• Options

Screen shot of data - using template

Other files I cannot import either......

• Options

Hi, @devinestorm.

I'll follow up with you on the other thread you posted, thanks!

• Options
    SybilSybil Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. Tried uploading three months, then one month of credit card records in QFX, I am told that there are duplicates, I click continue, then nothing happens. They do not appear in my transactions. Can't figure out what you mean by "Imported Transactions". I had been doing this before with no problem (i.e before March 2018).

• Options

Hi, @Sybil.

I'm sure we can figure out a solution.

The message you are getting is Wave saying that you've already tried to upload a similar bank statement before. It isn't meant to stop you from doing anything, but to help you confirm that you aren't uploading.

We have a few troubleshooting steps we can try out.

First, can you try clearing your browser's cache? If you have any browser extensions or use a VPN, try turning those off as well. Sometimes extensions and temporary files can interrupt a few of Wave's processes, so that might help.

Can you also tell me if you're able to upload your transactions in other formats (CSV, OFX and so on)?

• Options
    jams_cmpjams_cmp Member Posts: 1

I'm also having this problem - whilst uploading a large CSV I'm warned about duplicates (there are none, my account is empty), then when I click OK I'm sent back to the upload page - no transactions are imported.

• Options

Hi, @jams_cmp.

The warning is showing up because you've tried to upload this file before. Even if it failed, Wave will warn you, just in case you're uploading the wrong file by accident.

Large CSVs sometimes fail to upload to Wave. Your best option if your CSV has more than 100 rows is to break it down into smaller CSVs of 100 rows or less. Try doing that and let me know if your transactions go through.

• Options
    TomekTomek Member Posts: 2

@Alexia I have the same problem as described above. Apparently it happened again. There is an information "Your transactions are being imported from your bank statement. Please check back in a few minutes." and nothing has happened for 30 min. There were only 4 rows in csv so we cant blame size of the file. Is wave team team aware of this issue?

• Options

Hi @Tomek.

Can you try logging out of Wave, doing a hard refresh (that's CTRL+Shift+R) and logging in again? I've seen something similar last week and that resolved the issue (assuming it's still ongoing). It can take a few minutes for CSVs to process, but if it looks like it's getting stuck, you can try doing just that.

Let me know if it helps. I'll investigate this on my end as well.