Crediting a customer

CammosautodetailingCammosautodetailing Member Posts: 1

For christmas i would like to make gift vouchers an options as one of my services but i cant work out how to credit an amount to a customers account and then have it subtract from the customers credit at a later date when they chose to use the voucher. If this is not something that available is there any other work arounds where i could document a similar account so my accounts total correctly.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Cammosautodetailing

Option 1

Discount on invoice

What you may be able to do in that case is create a discount product with a negative value ( - ) on the invoice called discount. Although this isn't technically a voucher for them to redeem at a later date, it is a way to reduce the amount on the invoice.

Option 2

How to account for deposits or pre-payments in Wave:

1. From the left navigation menu, select Accounting and then Chart of Accounts.
    2. You have the option to create either a single Customer Pre-payments and Customer Credits account, where you'll then attach a customer to each pre-payment transaction, or to create a Customer Pre-payments and Customer Credits account for each customer if you find this method easier for tracking.
    3. When you'd like to record a pre-payment against an invoice, head to your Invoices page and select Record a payment next to your customer's invoice. For the Payment method, choose Other, and for the Payment account, choose the account you created in the second step. This method allows you to reduce the pre-payment account as you clear your receivables.
    4. For credit memos (like deposit payments) you'll need to create a journal transaction on your Transactions page. Debit the income account where the sale was posted, and credit your Credit Memo account.

Hopefully one of these solutions works for you!

edited November 25, 2019