Options

Bug...? Invoice was sent to the wrong customer...

joshstrikejoshstrike Member Posts: 3

Here's a weird one. I had just approved all my invoices for the month and was going through clicking to send each one.

I sent a bill to a client in New Jersey, and its button changed to "Resend". Then I clicked the next "Send" in the list for a client in North Carolina. It said "Do you want to resend this bill?" Or something like that. I said yes, thinking, that's a bit strange, maybe I clicked the wrong one and New Jersey is going to get two copies of theirs.

Fast forward an hour, and my client in North Carolina emails me a copy of New Jersey's bill, saying I sent her the wrong one. How is that possible? (I have a guess... something partially but incompletely rewrote some data in the "Send" modal... maybe I was clicking too fast?)

I know for sure that the client email addresses on each are correct, as I've been sending bills the same way to the same clients for months without any problems.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @joshstrike.

That's a weird one! Let's see if we can't dig into this and find out what happened. Can you go into that invoice and confirm that it's attached to the right customer? The first step would be to eliminate that possibility.

If the client information for the email is accurate, can you tell me f it was sent through the app, or though the website?