Getting started

david_boothdavid_booth Member Posts: 6

I'm starting from scratch. I have .csv file of 2000 customers with numeric ID. I have another .csv file of 500 invoices. Each invoice has a customer ID to identify who is being invoiced. (These are exported from another system.) How do I get them into wave? Import customers doesn't have an ID in the template and it looks like Wave Connect import invoices wants to do them one by one!

Comments

• david_boothdavid_booth Member Posts: 6

Sorry, 200 customers....

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @david_booth . Wave identifies the customer by their name instead of a numerical value. If you wanted to, you could put the numerical value where their name is and have it associated that way.

In regards to invoices, you can definitely upload more than 1 invoice at a time, just make sure that you're preparing the input sheet.

• PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

Hi @david_booth,

I'd suggest the following, using Wave Connect:

1. Upload your customers. Put your Customer numeric ID in the 'Customer Account Number' field, but note that Wave Connect will not distinguish between 123, 0123, 00123 etc. If you are going numeric, it is strictly numbers. ('00-123', for example, would be treated as text. You could also do '#0123', which would be different from '#123'.)

2. Prepare to upload invoices by first uploading all the Products used in line items in your invoices.

3. If your invoices have Sales Taxes, create the Sales Taxes.

4. Upload your invoices. Note you can do all your invoices in a single 'run' (although yes, Wave Connect uploads them one after another). In the first upload step, when you build the input sheet, select to reference customer by Customer Account Number:

Note that Wave Connect will create a new Invoice every time it sees a change in the Customer identifier. If you have a run of invoices for the same customer and want to separate them, insert a blank row where appropriate. The 'Validate' step will preview for you how your invoice data will be split between invoices.

Hope that helps! Paul