Change the address format for non-US locations

abeyabey Member Posts: 2

All addresses show by default as:

name
street
city, state zip
country

However, this looks both weird and unprofessional in my country (and likely many others). In Switzerland, the correct format is:

name
street
zip city
[country]

(state is never included, nor is country unless you deal with international customers)

How can I customise the address format?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @abey

I'm terribly sorry that you're not able to change the layout of the address to suit your country. A lot of folks ask for customizable features in Wave that best suit their location's standards, however it does not sound like this is something on our current roadmap at this point in time. My apologies once again about this!

• pepopepo Member Posts: 1

I use the following hack: I put the zip code in the city field and visa versa. A bit of a shame this is not on the road map, but for some reason you see more often with US companies, they forget things can be different outside of their countries :wink:

• StephanKStephanK Member Posts: 12

This is important for me and should be added. It is very easy to solve.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @pepo

Thanks so much for offering this workaround in our community. As a North American company, you're likely correct about the formatting being US/Canadian formatting, vs global.

We're super pleased to see that our users globally are able to bring workaround examples here to share with others.