Options

Independent Product/Service Description

CharlysAngelsCharlysAngels Member Posts: 4

I only have a handful of services I provide, that are almost all billed at an hourly rate. When I invoice clients, I utilize the "description" area to log my hours. However, this creates an unique service for each date/chunk of hours I work. Now I have a product list a mile long!! I can't delete any "repeat" products because they are attached to invoices, and I can't delete the invoices because I need them for historical record.

I would love to be able to log my hours both for myself and for the client to verify without effecting the basic service description. So far, the only work around I've found is to log all hours in the notes section, which is clunky and not as neat as logging hours on the individual line items.

I apologize if this is a repeated post; I wasn't able to find anything similar when browsing the community discussion. If this currently exists, then I'm not sure how to achieve it and would love some guidance!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @CharlysAngels . No need to apologize, we're here to answer your questions :smile: .

You should create a single product for each product/service that you have so that you only have a handful, and when you go to add it to an invoice, you can change the hours and edit the description. TO be clear, you should not be creating a new product but instead changing a pre-existing one. Editing the description will not change the base settings of a product/service, but if you create a new product/service each and every time, this will add a new item to your list.