How do I turn off bank payments?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow do I turn off bank payments?

You can turn off or change the availability of bank payments for invoices at any time.
Wave allows you to adjust your settings around bank payments and customize your invoices to your liking. You h...

Read the full story here

edited December 16, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• MylesMumfordMylesMumford Member Posts: 1

The option to turn off credit card payments globally does not appear on my account, it simply says that credit card payment is on and there is no option to turn it off. How do I turn it off please?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @MylesMumford! If you navigate to Settings > Payments, do you see the ability to turn off payments on that screen? What are you seeing if you go there? Screenshots would be awesome if you could provide them!

• Rob_HRob_H Member Posts: 1

I also don't have this option. There has obviously been an update since this guide was created and there is now no way to turn them off

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi Rob, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on this page?

• KirnKirn Member Posts: 1

@AlexL
    I do not have these options either and I see the following message upon creating invoice. Which prevents me from creating invoices:

Under settings in Sales section there is only the Invoice Customization option.

edited January 29, 2020
  • JohnMkJohnMk Member Posts: 1

mine too, still have not managed to disable payments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kirn and @JohnMk! Thanks for reaching out here and I'm sorry you're running into this error. Can you confirm if this error has been present since the creation of your Wave account? Or, have you been able to successfully create invoices before? We'd be happy to look into this for you further.

• Micheljb07Micheljb07 Member Posts: 3

When setting up my account i did choose a country. I'm still making my invoices in USD but want my address to show Haiti. It tells me to deactivate payment. I tried multiple times but it tells me I'm still using payment even though it shows it is off. I tried to archive the business but it won't allow me because it says the payment is on. What can i do?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Micheljb07! Thanks for reaching out here. This is definitely a bit of a tricky one to break down. Is the final step that you're attempting just the archiving of that account? If so, that can sometimes be held up by a known bug that Wave's been trying to rectify for some time.

If you have a long list of businesses, what I can suggest is to rename the business through the Business Toggle in the top left corner > Manage Your Profile > Businesses > then click the Pencil Icon to edit and rename the Business you wish to archive. (Tip: most users will rename it to "Z" or something to that effect to get it out of the way. This brings it to the bottom of the list).

• Micheljb07Micheljb07 Member Posts: 3

@ConnorM Thank you. I created a new business and it allowed me to add the address i wanted. I will do as you suggested and change the business name.

• EverettEverett Member Posts: 3

Somebody sent me a credit card payment and I dont want on line payments becuase I didnt know there was a charge assosiated with credit card payments. My customer says there being charged for this

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Everett hey it looks like one of our agents was able to get everything refunded for you :smile: If you have more questions on this, please followup with the agent as it will be easier for us to action any specific requests through the email.

• rachel79rachel79 Member Posts: 1

this doesn't seem accurate. when i go to payments there is only credit card payments, nothing about bank payments??

• Mahogany_R1dgeMahogany_R1dge Member Posts: 1

Beware...I believe that I had this feature turned off, but my client was somehow still able to make a payment and now it has been over 6 weeks and they have not received a refund. Numerous attempts to talk to somebody at Wave have led nowhere, all I can get is vanilla replies by email from a customer service rep that says he will speak with an account manager, but I have yet to speak with one. This was a large transaction, and it is having a negative impact on my small business.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @rachel79

For our friends overseas using Stripe integration to process payments, the only available payment option here is credit card. Bank payments are not available for Stripe users!

Hey @Mahogany_R1dge

My apologies for any miscommunication issues you may have received with the team. Looks like there was a refund issued on the 19th. A refund can take 7-10 business days (no weekends or holidays) for an ACH bank payment refund.

• EK_1EK_1 Member Posts: 1

Hi! I am considering getting Wave for my small business. I'd like to clarify whether the bank / credit card fees are only charged when the online payment option selected on the invoice (as per article above) or is it charged on any payment received from the customer? Would a processing fee be charged if i issue an invoice without the online payment option being available to my customers? Also, if payments received through stripe is the double fee charged or only once (i guess that can only happen if stripe is integrated with wave)? Thank you for help!

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @EK_1 , thanks for reaching out! Wave Payments fees are only charged when a payment is made with Wave Payments. No fees will be charged if you process an invoice outside of Wave Payments. If you integrate Stripe into Wave, only the one Stripe fee will be applied!

• neilbaneilba Member Posts: 3

I am unable to turn off credit card payment options. I only want to offer credit card payment as a last resort, to avoid fees.
    This is at top of screen, and cannot be toggled
    ON You are currently accepting credit card payments via Stripe.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @neilba ! Thanks for reaching out.

That's unusual, you should be able to toggle credit card payments "Off". You can also try this on the Settings > Payments page. If you are still having issues, I suggest trying some basic browser troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, do you mind sharing some screenshots with me?

edited September 29, 2020

No change. Here's a screenshot.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @neilba

I see that from your screenshot you are under Sales > Credit card payments. Would you mind trying out @JulianP advice and head to Settings (bottom left) > Payments > And try to turn it off from here? Let us know if that helps.

When I navigate settings>payments I am navigated to the sales>credit card payments page

Hi @neilba , and what happens when you try to access one of those pages like Go to Stripe Account or Manage your Connection, can you disconnect it there?

Alternatively, you can turn off Stripe payments at the top of the invoice itself when sending it as there should be an ON / OFF toggle.

edited January 14, 2021
  • ong_businessong_business Member Posts: 4

I face the same issue as neilba. I would like to turn off online by default and only turn it on for specific invoice or customer.
    Currently it is turned on for all my clients and I have to toggle off each time I send out an invoice.
    I only need to turn it on for a couple of my clients where a surcharge has been included in the invoice. I would prefer turning it off for all and I only need to turn on a couple when the surcharge item has been included. Please help.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @ong_business !

What you can do is turn credit card payments off via Settings > Credit Card Payments. Then when you create a new invoices, you can toggle credit card payments On/Off on a per invoice basis at the top of the page. I hope this helps.

• ong_businessong_business Member Posts: 4

Hi @JulianP , I was hoping the settings exist and will work, which I had tried many times to find. It only shows that it is turned ON but no toggle switch to turn it off. It would be great if it works. Am I missing something here. I would show the screen shot if it is possible to attached it here.
    /Users/aaron/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 08.35.50.png

edited January 9, 2021

Hey @ong_business , looks like you're processing payments with Stripe instead of Wave Payments which is why your setup is a little different. Under Settings > Payments you can click on Manage Connection to disconnect Stripe. As it turns out, your options for the Stripe connection are limited to having it available across all invoices with the ability to turn it off on specific invoices, OR having it disconnected from your account completely.