Options

Invoice emails flagged by Gmail as phishing

amFeltamFelt Member Posts: 5

Something new has started happening, today emails with the invoice attached as a pdf are being flagged by gmail as phishing.

My process is to send the invoice as a pdf to myself and then write a personal note to my client. Although this adds an extra step, and I would love it to be easier, I noticed that many of my clients missed the emails from Waveapps.

So I noticed when the email had a big red banner warning saying that other users had flagged emails like this as phishing. Is anyone else experiencing this? Are your clients?

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @George11! Thanks for reaching out, this one's thankfully one we can look into fairly easily. I've pulled up our mailing servers' records, and it's looking like since you'd posted this, your invoices had come through successfully. Is that right? The common workaround here is just whitelisting waveapps.com in your mailing preferences, if it continues!

• Options
    amFeltamFelt Member Posts: 5

Hi Connor,

Yes the emails do come through, but with a big red notice from Gmail that the email has been identified ad phishing. I'd be embarrassed if my client received this.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @George11 . Were you by chance sending this to yourself as a test? I've seen this come up a handful of times before. For some reason, because you're sending it to yourself, gmail will flag it. If you're to send it to another gmail, this won't happen. If you want to try sending it to another email you have or even a friend's gmail, you can use this as a test to see how it works.

Either way, you should be good to go if you're sending it to client emails.