How to fill in your employee's timesheet

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to fill in your employee's timesheet

This article applies to Wave Payroll in both Canada and the US. 
Before you start, make sure you've added your employees into Wave, making sure to include their salary information. Once you've adde...

Read the full story here

edited December 18, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• RileyFRileyF Member Posts: 1

Is there any way for employees to fill their own timesheet through their employee account and leave it for the bookkeeper to review? I currently have them fill out an emailed form which I then enter into Wave. If they could enter their own hours for me to review it would save a considerable step in the process (essentially filling a timesheet twice).

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @RileyF! Unfortunately, at present, this is not something that is possible within Wave. You would need to enter in the timesheets on your end in order for them to be processed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• brad_066brad_066 Member Posts: 2

I also have my employees complete their own time sheet and I approve them like mentioned in the comments. Is this a feature that Wave is looking at implementing so that users don't have to do this manually?
    Thanks!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @brad_066! This is not something that is currently on our roadmap. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• petespetes Member Posts: 21

How would I enter time for an an hourly employee who does work for multiple clients in 1 pay period, and each client pays at a different rate? Is this possible in Wave?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @petes

This cannot be done in Wave unfortunately since when you set an hourly amount for your employers salary or hourly rate. The only thing you can do is give your clients bonuses on their paycheck which would likely need to be manually calculated.

• DebbieDebbie Member Posts: 2

I cannot run payroll because of an error in my account and I cannot find any information or customer support to correct it. I am absolutely concerned about WAVE's lack of support and ability to resolve my issue. So no, I have not found anything in your articles to help me and despite repeated attempts with WAVE/Zen desk over 5 days now - I am no closer. What a shame WAVE!!

• SPSC_TreasurerSPSC_Treasurer Member Posts: 3

Greetings - is there a way to enter time in hours:minutes instead of decimals? Thanks for a great product!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @SPSC_Treasurer

Unfortunately there is not a way to entering it in as minutes versus decimals at this time. My apologies about this!

For Semi-Monthly:

Salaried employees usually put on a 40 or 37.5 - hours of work week. To figure hours for a semi-monthly salaried employee, multiply 40 hours by 52 weeks, which comes to 2,080 hours. Then, divide 2,080 by 24 annual semi-monthly pay periods to arrive at 86.67 hours for the pay period. Similarly to figure hours for a semi-monthly salaried employee, multiply 37.5 hours by 52 weeks, which comes to 1,950 hours. Then, divide 1,950 by 24 annual semi-monthly pay periods to arrive at 81.25 hours for the pay period.

For Monthly:

To figure hours for a monthly salaried employee, multiply 40 hours by 52 weeks, which comes to 2,080 hours. Then, divide 2,080 by 12 annual monthly pay periods to arrive at 173.33 hours for the pay period. Similarly to figure hours for a monthly salaried employee, multiply 37.5 hours by 52 weeks, which comes to 1,950 hours. Then, divide 1,950 by 12 annual monthly pay periods to arrive at 162.5 hours for the pay period.

• HKuleeHKulee Member Posts: 1

My wave calendar has a Friday to Thursday format; I would rather have a Sunday to Saturday format. Any advice on how I would make the change? Will definitely appreciate your help.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @HKulee !

It sounds like you are looking to change your payroll frequency. You won't be able to action this on your end. To arrange a frequency change, please reach out to our Payroll Support team via live chat or e-mail at anytime. Please note that our Payroll live chat hours are from 9AM - 5PM Monday to Friday. Hope this helps!

edited November 12, 2020
  • Adam_AizadAdam_Aizad Member Posts: 2

For Civic Holiday Aug. 2,2021, the Corporation has to pay the salary? Or there is no salary payment for that day? If the employee works on it, is pay 1.5 times? Civic holiday is not in the list of Public Holidays.