Turning off automatic reminders

JimSJimS Member Posts: 2

It appears automatic payment reminders are turned on by default resulting in customers getting incorrect payment reminders if I forget to "record" payments. How can I make the default to be be no reminders checked? Thanks!

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @JimS! Thanks for reaching out! If you navigate to Settings > Invoice Customization, do you see a section titled 'Reminder settings'? That should be able to be toggled off!

• JimSJimS Member Posts: 2

Yes, that worked, I had not scrolled down far enough! I had a mad customer, I had forgotten to record the payment, so the software sent a reminder....but that should not be a problem any longer. Again, appreciate it and happy holidays.

• gkdarbygkdarby Member Posts: 1

when we turned off automatic reminders, the software said that this did not apply to invoices already saved. how do you turn off reminders on individual invoices that have already been saved? thank you

Hey @gkdarby! In order to turn off overdue invoice notices, you're going to need to navigate to Settings > Invoice Customization, where you can turn off those overdue notices there. With that said, this setting change is only going to apply to invoices that haven't been sent yet. In order to turn those reminders off for invoices that have already been sent, or marked as sent, you are going to need to navigate to Sales > Invoices, click into the invoices that have those reminders still active, and deactivate them from the invoice itself.

Hey all,

Thanks for your ongoing patience here! My development teams have worked to make this process easier for everyone trying to get rid of those previously-scheduled overdue reminders. When you go to toggle those reminders off, there will now be a popup that will look like this:

Clicking the button with the red box around it will clear all scheduled reminders, both going forwards, and for invoices that have already been sent. We hope that this helps your workflow with regards to managing these reminders.

• ChrisBellChrisBell Member Posts: 2

I'm not sure why I'm a special case, but I don't have the Reminder Settings section. When I go to Settings > Invoice Customization, I only have the following headings:

• General settings
    • Invoice settings
    • Estimate settings
    • Invoice column settings

Since the integration with my bank account was removed this has become a bit of an issue due to my lax bookkeeping procedures.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure that I've come across these settings before, but now that I need them...

cb.

• ChrisBellChrisBell Member Posts: 2

So when I create a new invoice, I'm asked to select which reminders I want and they're all disabled. So this would tend to indicate that I don't have any default reminder settings set.

Previously I was getting enquiries from customers who had paid their invoices and were getting reminders, but if it's the case that these are my only reminder settings then I don't have a problem anymore.

cb.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ChrisBell

The invoice reminders in the settings are for North-American users only. You'll notice that the reminders do not default when creating a new invoice. It may be possible that you or a potential other collaborator on your account may have selected the "send reminder" button.

Are they being reminded on a specific schedule? Or was it just one time? Do let us know :smile:

• DanjaqDanjaq Member Posts: 1

Hi, despite unticking the invoice reminder as shown in the above pic from ChrisBell, if payments are not marked as paid, an automatic reminder is still send to clients. There is no option under Settings > Invoice Customization. My Wave account / profile is from the UK. Hope someone can help. Cheers

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Danjaq! Thanks for reaching out. The invoice reminder settings found in the 'settings' tab are for users in North America. If you did have invoice reminders turned 'on' for previous invoices they would still be sending, so you might have to looks at some of the unpaid invoices to see if they have reminders turned on? Or does this seem to be happening on all invoices even when reminders have been unchecked?

• DionDion Member Posts: 3

Hi. I noticed that the south african version also does not have the ability to toggle reminders on and off for all invoices. I have just started with wave. Does this mean that the default is off or on? Any idea why this ability is absent in my version other than not being us based?

• DionDion Member Posts: 3

If it is off, will I be able to set the reminders on recurring invoices as I can with manual ones. Also, will the reminders be turned off for the invoice when the payment has been allocated?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Dion

The master toggle off switch for invoice reminders is only available in North America at this time. Otherwise they should be able to be set manually on each individual invoice.