Invoice start number?

fladventurerobfladventurerob Member Posts: 3

How do you set the next invoice number? I created an invoice and typed in the invoice number manually...will all subsequent invoices use this as the starting point and add one to it (including auto-generated invoices)? This is what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks!

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @fladventurerob! That's exactly how our invoice numbering works!

• Chris2020Chris2020 Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to add the date after the invoice number for recurring invoices? For example my invoice number for today would be 01-01-01-2020. Then on my next invoice for the same customer that is run on January 15th it would be 02-15-01-2020.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Chris2020 , glad to have you in the Community with us! You can change your invoice number to anything you want it to be, although keep in mind there's no way to automate this other than the way the system is already set up. The way it works is a new invoice will automatically take the largest invoice number used in your Wave account, and increase it by 1.

• GeorgeTomekGeorgeTomek Member Posts: 1

Yeah, I love Wave, but this is a **HUGE **problem and it sounds like I'm not alone. If Wave is promoting any kind of Automated recurring Invoice feature, this has to be fixed. And it's pretty simple on the backend to do this really. I have 2 customers who have them but it is NOT keeping the nomenclature of what I am setting up.

For instance. I have some monthly invoices that go to clients and am trying to have one client invoice name as "LHF-SMQ-2001" and it is pulling a different client invoice entirely (WGP-SMA-2004). So it's confusing my client and its REALLY confusing me when I see this.

Is there ANY priority to fix this to isolate a string of characters in an invoice to one client and just change the last 1-3 characters of the invoice number?

thanks

• fladventurerobfladventurerob Member Posts: 3

Exactly, 100000% better than freshbooks...however, there needs to be the option to send invoice numbers, and set a template specific to a client. I agree, on the backend , this should be relatively very simple to do.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @GeorgeTomek and @fladventurerob!

I can't express enough how grateful we are to have your input and context in the community here. What I'm going to do is make sure that your feedback is routed to the correct place in Wave. Unfortunately, what I can't guarantee is a timeline or a promise on this being implemented within the software. I hope you can understand that the development team, at present, has thought hard about where to prioritize their efforts. Thanks for sticking with us.