Customers Invoice cannot be paid

DeeDee Member Posts: 8

For some reason, one of our recurring invoices will not automatically charge the card and when i attempt to charge the card it fails also. Usually i can go to stripe and find out why it failed insufficient funds etc however it shows that the last time i attempted to charge the card was over a month ago and i've been charging the card weekly/daily now since start of DEC because the customer said there's plenty of funds on there... SOMEONE HELP PLEASE

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Dee

I see that this payment has finally gone through! Glad to see that! Since it is a Stripe payment we are a bit limited at Wave when it comes to what access we have. All we can really see is whether it was successful, failed, and the reason behind it. As you mentioned we noticed it said insufficient funds. But next time I'd recommend reaching out to Stripe Support for further insight into what the issue might be and how they can best help you solve it.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 8

Hi @BarsinA, I'm not sure how you're seeing that as it hasn't gone through at all. This specific customer has 5 recurring invoices -- unpaid. It is coming up with the error message " There was an error submitting the payment. Please check your information and try again"
    ...It is not STRIPES issue as its not being charged via waves which makes it a wave problem, Also all the details are correct and the card is still valid.

If you read my post correctly i said the reason IS NOT because of insufficient funds as she has plenty of money in her account that i can verify.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Dee. While you are correct in that the invoice is created and hosted with Wave, the payment processing portion of that invoice is not. The entirety of that card processing is hosted by Stripe. That would include the card information, the billing of the card, the collection of funds, and the depositing of those funds into your account. This is something you will need to contact Stripe about in order to troubleshoot, as Wave does not have insight into card processing failures that are hosted by Stripe.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 8

Hi @Connor, I have been in touch with STRIPE, and they have said the following "If you are making payments through Wave and they are not showing up in Stripe, this indicates that something on Wave's end is preventing the charge from being sent to Stripe to be processed. Since they built their integration with Stripe, they'll be best equipped to let you know why these charges aren't being sent to Stripe. You should be able to get in touch with them through their contact page --WAVE integration needs to send us those charges in order for them to appear on Stripe's end. They'll be best equipped to assist with that issue in that case".

So, can WAVE please assist now?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Dee, thanks for that context. Are there any error messages that you can share with us with regards to these failed payments? If you have screenshots, or anything to that effect, we'd love to see them.