Options

Feature request: Support of ISO 8601 date format when importing CSV files

SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34

Currently, Wave's CSV import feature support these date formats:

• YYYY/MM/DD (Example: 2013/07/21)
  • YYYY/DD/MM (Example: 2013/21/07)
  • DD/MM/YYYY (Example: 21/07/2013)
  • MM/DD/YYYY (Example: 07/21/2013)
  • Full month names and 3-letter month names (Example: Jan-24-2012 or January-24-2012)
  • 'st','nd','rd' or 'th' after day numbers (Example: 2012/January/5th)
  • DDMMYY (Example: 050212)
  • YYMMDD (Example: 120105)
  • YYDDMM (Example: 120501)
  • YYYYDDMM (Example: 20120501)

As explained here.

Would you please consider supporting the ISO 8601 standard? -for example:

2019-12-30T16:11:45Z

I use Monzo bank for my business and that's the date format that is included when you export a CSV file from there.

I've also suggested that Monzo change the date format, but I've come to realize that it's probably unlikely that they'll make this change as a lot of current users have already built there solutions around the current format of the CSV file.

Please see these threads for more details:

https://community.monzo.com/t/wave-accounting-integration/12133/8

https://community.monzo.com/t/csv-output-field-formatting/63057

I hope to see this improvement and many thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Skafte . Thanks for putting this on our radar. To my knowledge, we're not looking at changing the formats accepted under the date for .csv file uploads, but it's good to get a thread going to see if there is any other interest from our users for this.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• Options
    SkafteSkafte Member Posts: 34

Hi @AlexL,

Thanks for responding to this! -it's great to know that someone out there is listening :)

I do hope that you will consider making this improvement as I imagine it won't be very much work at all to do (I say that knowing that sometimes the smallest things are actually the hardest to change!). Anyway, it would make it possible to all the Monzo users of Wave to upload their bank statements without having to manually configure each CSV file.

Many thanks!