Splitting transactions

Petra41Petra41 Member Posts: 1

Since the new design I am having troubles to split transactions as before. I am quite fine if Airbnb sends us one transaction and I just need to split it between the rental income and the fee. However if Airbnb sends 2-3 transactions together in one payment and I need to split it among 2-3 guests and their rental income and fees, I am lost as the system won't let me to create 3 different descriptions. Could you please advise? Thank you!

Comments

• JimHJimH Member Posts: 27

@Petra41 said:
    Since the new design I am having troubles to split transactions as before. I am quite fine if Airbnb sends us one transaction and I just need to split it between the rental income and the fee. However if Airbnb sends 2-3 transactions together in one payment and I need to split it among 2-3 guests and their rental income and fees, I am lost as the system won't let me to create 3 different descriptions. Could you please advise? Thank you!

I have the same question. Nobody is answering. I've got one here with 19 invoices paid on 1 cheque and no way to process it.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Petra41! If you keep clicking the 'split this deposit' button you should be able to create as many split lines as you need in the transaction to categorize each payment to. However, in your case where Air BnB sends you lumped deposits, do you have invoices created for these payments? How do you usually record these payments? If you have a screenshot example that would be helpful as well!

Hi @JimH! If you have one payment that you need to split across 19 invoices, you will have to click 'split this deposit' 19 times to create enough lines. Then you can categorize each split line to the corresponding outstanding invoice to mark it as 'paid'.