Options

TD Canada Trust Account Not Connecting

dayycdayyc Member Posts: 1

Hello,
I am unable to re-connect wave to my banking accounts (both business & personal) at TD Canada Trust.
Could you please check this situation?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @dayyc.

Can you give me a bit more information? Are you getting an error message? At what point in the process is the connection failing?

There could be a few reasons why the connection is failing. It's likely an issue between our third-party bank data provider and your bank. If you're curious, you can get a little bit more information on bank connection issues in this post.

Let me know what's happening in a bit more detail and I'll see what can be done.

edited March 13, 2018
  • Options
    Ayoung72Ayoung72 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Also unable to connect via TD Canada trust Bank. Receiving the following errors:

TD Canada Trust (Canada)
    Last updated 3 days, 17 hours ago. Update now
    There is an error with your connection. More info
    Your bank's website appears to be experiencing technical difficulties. If you can successfully log in to your online banking, please try connecting or updating again in Wave. If the problem persists for 24 hours, please visit our help center.

What I have done so far:

1. Attempted to log in multiple times to allow Wave to learn security questions if needed.
    2. Manually logged into my bank to ensure there are no issues with credentials on my end.
    3. Logged into my bank and verified there are no pop up offers, ads or requests for additional information keeping wave's 3rd party app from connecting.

My log in credentials have not changed for a year. I have been successfully connecting via wave for 3 years short of a few very temporary connection issues.

I am now out of ideas. Help?

Anne

• Options
    anazary1anazary1 Member Posts: 6

Also unable to connect - I suspect due to recent changes TD is making on their website/login pages

• Options
    SiachenSiachen Member Posts: 3

Unable to connect. I agree with anazary1 ... most likely due to TD changing their login process slightly.

• Options
    EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 7

I love waveapps and my business depends on it so much but I know this is not their fault. Lets hope it gets fixed asap!

• Options

Hi everyone!

@anazary1 and @Siachen are right, this interruption was likely caused by TD making changes to their website without notice, which wouldn't have allowed our bank data provider to prepare in advance.

@Ayoung72, until the issues with TD are fixed, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually. You can find out how to do so here.

• Options
    TylerDiasTylerDias Member Posts: 1

Any update?

• Options
    AngelaAngela Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue! Please update us once this has been fixed

• Options
    SarahSarah Member Posts: 10

I'm also having this issue with TD. My bank connections haven't worked for 6 days now.. I've tried all the troubleshooting techniques and haven't had any luck. I rely on this for my business and am very frustrated that there is no support from Wave. Is there anyone who can help!?

• Options
    EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 7

@Sarah said:
    I'm also having this issue with TD. My bank connections haven't worked for 6 days now.. I've tried all the troubleshooting techniques and haven't had any luck. I rely on this for my business and am very frustrated that there is no support from Wave. Is there anyone who can help!?

I'm in the same situation Sarah. I love waveapps and I hope someone can help us. Has anyone had any success? Maybe we should all contact TD and see if they can help?

• Options

Hi Edwin,

I think Wave technicians would need to contact TD. I doubt a customer service rep would be able to help us! Is there anyone from Wave who is on the case?! I don't have time to manually import the transactions so am hoping it gets resolved very soon!

• Options

Hi everyone!

Just a quick update: We've published an article going into a bit more details about the issues with TD Canada, you can find it here. It will be updated as we get more information.

@Edwin and @Sarah, it isn't necessary to contact TD on this issue. It's most likely related to the updates to their website affecting how our third-party data provider connected to your online banking page. Our data provider is working on solving the issue. Because it isn't in our hands, but in our data provider's, we can't provide an ETA for when the connection will be available again. We can, however, commit to keeping you informed of any updates on the situation.

We do empathize how frustrating this experience is, and we thank you for your patience.

edited March 22, 2018
  • Options

Thank you for the information. Please do keep us informed on when the issue is resolved.

• Options
    glover_mglover_m Member Posts: 13

I guess this is the problem with relying so heavily on Wave... when your bank doesn't connect it can be a little bit frustrating!

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks for your kind words @Edwin! @glover_m and everyone else who has posted - thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and share your thoughts. You're correct in thinking that this disruption appears to be related to TD's recent website changes and it isn't isolated to Wave. Our data provider, Yodlee, is working on it, and our team is committed to keeping you up-to-date. We're in the business of supporting your business and (working!) tools to make your life easier are important to us, and so we'll be sure to pass along updates as we receive them from the engineers who are actually doing whatever technical heavy lifting might be required here.

In the meantime, if you need to go ahead with the month's transaction management, you can also temporarily turn off your integration on the Bank Connections page and switch to uploading exported transactions from TD. You can find this option on your Transactions page. Instructions to download a supported filetype from TD (.CSV) are here. Do let us know if you'd like assistance with the upload. :)

• Options
    RoKaRoKa Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

Sounds like TD is playing hard to get. 7 days waiting is too long. The following is a speculation but seems like TD is unhappy data is being sucked out at a high rate. They better play ball because I like Wave more then I like their business.

• Options
    SugarbombSugarbomb Member Posts: 7

I'm in the same boat here with TD... This is really frustrating. Any idea on when this may be resolved? fingers crossed its very soon...

• Options

Any updates on this TD situation? It's been 10 days with no connectivity.. Charlotte, you mentioned turning off the integration and uploading TD statements manually. I'm just afraid that when the connection is eventually fixed (which I hope it will be soon), that I will end up with a ton of duplicate transactions and more frustrations.. Please help!

• Options
    SzaboroskiSzaboroski Member Posts: 1

Please update - this is getting very frustrating

• Options

Agreed.. i'm actually starting to look into other options as this is starting to very negatively affect my day to day operations here.

• Options

Hi everyone!

I promise that we do empathize with your frustration on this matter. We're committed to keeping you informed of any development on this front, but as of right now, our data provider as not provided us with any new information on the subject.

We'll be updating this article as we get more information. In the meantime, I recommend deactivating your bank connection and uploading your bank statements manually as Charlotte mentioned above.

• Options
    doconnelldoconnell Member Posts: 4

This needs to get fixed. I manually downloaded statements, but this was WAY too time consuming-- I had to go through and delete duplicates, my accounts are named differently from the accounts that are set up to connect. Doing this manually is an absolute time suck and a disaster. Wave needs to take this seriously, and call Yodlee out on it's BS, or switch suppliers ASAP. Quickbooks is syncing fine with TD by the way... just sayin'

• Options

I am considering switching to Quickbooks as well.. It's very hard to run a business like this!! @doconnell, do you know for sure that Quickbooks is syncing fine with TD?

• Options
    glover_mglover_m Member Posts: 13

This is starting to get pretty ridiculous. I could understand being down for a few days, but it's now been two weeks.

• Options
    chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

It is the same here. As an individual working in IT field, I fully understand the challenges when facing various of vendors who follow different rules and policies. Making a connection with various banks are already amazing, but it has a standard bar set too high to fail.

My business account lost the connection with TD Canada Trust bank for weeks already, I can only do the transactions in the manual way. Once you get used to the automated process, it is kinda hard to go back with manual entry.

I hope this issue can be resolved sometime soon. It's been weeks already.

• Options

@doconnell said:
    This needs to get fixed. I manually downloaded statements, but this was WAY too time consuming-- I had to go through and delete duplicates, my accounts are named differently from the accounts that are set up to connect. Doing this manually is an absolute time suck and a disaster. Wave needs to take this seriously, and call Yodlee out on it's BS, or switch suppliers ASAP. Quickbooks is syncing fine with TD by the way... just sayin'

so if quickbooks is syncing i may consider switching. This issue has been a serious pain in my side for 3 weeks. i can't run my business properly at all. the joys of wave have all of a sudden become nightmares. Any answers on why quick books can solve this so quickly?
    i really need to move on from this asap. is this going to be resolved this week? if not i'm jumping ship.

• Options

Hi everyone! Thank you for your patience.

We've received some news from our data provider regarding this issue. You can find the update here.

Unfortunately, there still is no ETA as to when this will be resolved, but we will be keeping you updated as we get more information.

• Options
    chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

The bank connection in WAVE is an awesome feature and really helps small business owners save time for data entry. While it is almost impossible for WAVE to keep the service up and running with minimum downtime, I do want to seriously warn WAVE that this part needs more attention and possibly more investments.

When a business just starts to using WAVE, connecting to bank accounts seems to be a nice feature to have, but when the business has survived a few years and the business owners/administrators have been using this feature on a day-to-day basis, it becomes a must-have feature which CANNOT fail.

I don't know how many times my Bank Connection with TD Bank failed in the past 3 years, but I do notice it is the only major issue I often have encountered by far. Whoever this "Data Provider" is, WAVE'd better address this part with more attention. To my business, a couple of weeks downtime doesn't really affect me. But for other small retailer businesses, this could really be a pain - a pain that is terrible enough to drive them away from WAVE.

edited April 3, 2018
  • Options

QUICKBOOKS IS SYNCHING PERFECTLY. So this is not a TD problem, this is a WAVE and YODLEE problem, and potentially someone being terribly lazy about fixing this.

• Options

The DATA PROVIDER is YODLEE @chj915

This discussion has been closed.