TD Canada Trust Account Not Connecting

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @chj915. Yes, Yodlee is the name of our data provider and they are in talks with TD Bank to fix this problem. There's nothing we can do to accelerate this process. It's related to the updates to TD Bank's website and security which are stopping Yodlee from extracting transaction data.

Yodlee are doing everything they can to resolve this as soon as possible. I understand your frustration as to the length of this downtime, but everyone involved are already doing all they can. While we can't accelerate this process, we are committed to keeping updated as more information becomes available.

• chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

Hi, @Alexia: I understand there is probably nothing WAVE can do to accelerate the process at this moment, that's why I stopped sending support ticket for this issue. However, I want to urge WAVE to have more attention on this Bank Connection feature since it's probably become a very important one among the all from WAVE.

From the business point of view, WAVE might want to have closer relationship with Yodlee - if it is not close enough today. When the TD Bank connection does not work for weeks at WAVE, you can address the problem on TD side or Yodlee side. But if other competitors like QuickBooks can have stable connection with TD bank and if they are using the same Data Provider (I am just guessing here), there is no excuse for WAVE. After all, the customers here don't really care whose problem it is. If WAVE offers this feature, it should just work.

I am using WAVE only and I have enjoyed the features WAVE provides here. I don't have other platform experience other than WAVE so far. Bank Connection issue with TD is the only major issue I have encountered at WAVE. Everything else seems to work fine or can be resolved quickly.

I am not blaming WAVE here. I am hoping WAVE can get better and better. If the Bank Connection was a nice-to-have feature initially, it is much more important to small businesses now. WAVE needs to invest more into this area in future or even now.

• Satura23Satura23 Member Posts: 1

I love Wave and yet what is happening with TD bank not connecting is causing all kinds of problems. Please let us know when you anticipate to see the problem solved, or not, so we can decide what's our next step will be. Thank you!

• glover_mglover_m Member Posts: 13

Confirmed that QB still works.

Hi @Satura23,

I'll be posting more information here as soon as it's available. I don't have a timeline yet, but I do expect we'll get something new to share soon.

• DSSDSS Member Posts: 1

Hi guys, it has been almost a month now for me without the TD bank feed in Wave. Sorry to say that I am ready to pull the plug and move to QuickBooks.

• reconfigurereconfigure Member Posts: 2

I had to find this post from google, asking wave support a question gave me a standard help center response. May want to change that as well as send TD wave users a notice that this is a problem so they don't waste hours trying to re-check their security questions, passwords and troubleshoot the month away.

It's tax season as well as my company's year end. Not ideal.

Enough complaining, who's fixing it and when?

Switch to quickbooks, haven't used it in years thanks to wave. Is it comparable? Will have no choice if this doesn't get fixed asap.

Hi @reconfigure.

We don't have an exact timeline to give, but our bank data aggregator, Yodlee, has been working with TD Bank to solve this issue. We've been keeping them informed on the impact of this issue on our users and letting them know of exactly how this is impacting you.

We are keeping this article updated as the situation develops, so any further update we have will be added there. The article goes into a little bit more detail as to why this is happening.

I am more than happy to offer workarounds and alternatives until this is resolved. My recommendation would be to deactivate your bank connection and to upload your bank statement using the steps outlined here. You'll be able to upload all of your missing transactions in one go, and you can add your bank connection again once this situation is resolved.

• RoKaRoKa Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

Looks like the TD link is back from the dead. An Easter miracle.

Yeah, I confirm my TD Bank can be connected with WAVE now.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thank you @KaPo and @chj915 ! Great news!

We'll let our Support team know and ensure our communications and posts are updated as quickly as possible. In the meantime, celebration! :D

• trajanotrajano Member Posts: 1

I just tried to access it right now, still no luck

Account connected on March 13, 2018 • Edit bank credentials • Delete connection
    Last updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago • Update now

edited April 9, 2018

Hi, @trajano.

Can you try once more and click "update now"?

• anazary1anazary1 Member Posts: 6

confirmed working thank you!

Always happy to help!

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 7

I am very happy that it's back up and running. I have updated and connected my bank account. My cheqeing account seems to be fine but for some reason I now have two Visa accounts and they aren't linked. how can I fix this?

@Edwin said:
    I am very happy that it's back up and running. I have updated and connected my bank account. My cheqeing account seems to be fine but for some reason I now have two Visa accounts and they aren't linked. how can I fix this?

@Edwin you might want to delete that Bank Connection, and re-connect it again. I had that same problem before (last year). Make sure you map the bank account with your WAVE correctly.

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 7

@chj915 said:

@Edwin said:

@Edwin you might want to delete that Bank Connection, and re-connect it again. I had that same problem before (last year). Make sure you map the bank account with your WAVE correctly.

How do you map the bank account with wave correctly? Does it have to do with checking "Payment account" box? I deleted my connection a few weeks ago when all this fiasco was happening. I was uploading and entering transactions manually. Now that I connected it, some weird things happened where it started connecting my original visa account and new visa account. Help please! lol

The connection issues with TD are fixed! Rejoice!

@Edwin when you add an account, you can connect it to an existing account in Wave, or add a new account to your CoA to represent the new connection. You'd want to check to ensure you have a corresponding account to the one you're connecting.

TD issues are resolved!

Will there be improvements with the Data Provider side? How are they going to prevent such long down-time? Will we experience another weeks-long disconnect with TD Bank when TD made their own updates? How quickly can they react on such incident when it occurs?

@chj915 this is a little bit tricky to answer from our side because the causes of such outages, such as massive site overhauls or changes to security procedures, are difficult to anticipate when the financial institution is not working proactively with the data provider to facilitate the exchange of information. The data provider is in the business of providing working connections so I can assure you that issues are resolved as quickly as they are able to resolve them.

On Wave's part, we're working very hard to provide the easiest and most convenient ways to offer transaction entry and we understand that automation makes life much easier, when it works. When issues that involve third parties occur as in this case, our internal teams work continuously to make sure progress is happening so that our customers stay up to date.

edited April 11, 2018

Thanks to confirm. @Charlotte

• AndrewRAndrewR Member Posts: 3

I know there is a page by Wave on this specific issue.

However, for several of my bank connections, I often get the message “we know about the issue and are working on it”.

Instead of chasing Wave through this forum, FAQs, etc. to find out more (when months later, there is still no change), perhaps Wave or Yodlee can publish a page where all connections are listed, and a “traffic light” is shown beside each to say if it is working or not? That would save everyone a lot of time and frustration.

Apple and Amazon have these “traffic light” pages for their cloud services, for example.

• KosKos Member Posts: 1

fixed!

edited April 30, 2018

Happy to hear that, @Kos!

• dprkrdprkr Member Posts: 3

I am also/still having a problem with the TD Canada Trust connection. It didn't work for 3 weeks, then it worked once for me, and now it has not been working for 3 weeks again. Whenever I contact support they just direct me to the online help and/or suggest I upload statements until it starts working.

Wave's value to me is time saved. A lot of that value comes from the bank connection as it saves me tons of time downloading and uploading statement files for 6 different accounts and allows me to keep my books up to date in real-time instead of batching the work. Without the bank connection this value is totally lost.

Hi, @dprkr.

This issue with TD Canada was resolved. The solution to yours probably lies elsewhere. Clearing your cache and updating your connection manually?

If that doesn't work, could you try deleting and re-creating the connection entirely? If you do, make sure to only import data from the date where your connection last stopped working, to prevent duplicated transactions.

• dprkrdprkr Member Posts: 3

Thanks @Alexia I just tried both of your suggestions. When I try to re-create the connection it asks me one security question and then I get this error:

This discussion has been closed.