Draft invoice will not approve

STABBOTTSSTABBOTTS Member Posts: 5

Help - I cannot approve a draft invoice. My home currency is £ sterling, but I am invoicing in € Euros. Everything is good right up to when I try to approve invoice.
I'm getting this message everytime I try to approve it.

Oops! There was an issue with approving your draft. Please try again.

I know this has been an issue for others - how do I solve it?

Regards and Happy New Year

Comments

• AsifArshadAsifArshad Member Posts: 2

Its a CORS policy issue.

Chrome console shows this error:
    Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://api.waveapps.com/businesses/9814822e-c12c-4d48-80a4-c3e7f1dd675a/invoices/839233439625384068/' from origin 'https://next.waveapps.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

• STABBOTTSSTABBOTTS Member Posts: 5

I have absolutely no idea what this means. Is there a workaround for this please as we sometimes have to bill in euros for French customers.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @STABBOTTS

Browser Troubleshooting

A lot of the time, this can be fixed by tweaking some things in your internet browser. Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE. If you are still having problems or if you have any other questions, please get in touch.

Network Troubleshooting

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.

3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

4. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave.

5. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

Done all this and I still can't change the date, I've done dummy invoices galore too, with no result. I want our invoicing to reflect it's 2020. Our fiscal year is the UK fiscal year - is that the problem? Other than that I am going to have to edit every single invoice manually which is a real pain.

• KamirlopezKamirlopez Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I have the same issue!
    I've try the steps described above from @BarsinA but still the issue is not solved.

Can we please get some assistance on this?

Still tearing my hair out so tried on a Samsung tab as it has a different OS.... same result. It's not the hardware. Also cannot change invoice numbering despite following all recommendations.

• KamirlopezKamirlopez Member Posts: 2

Dear @BarsinA can someone please solve this issue??
    It's urgent!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kamirlopez and @STABBOTTS, can you please try creating another draft invoice with the same information and seeing if that will approve correctly? Sometimes particular invoicing information can cause hangups, which sounds like something you might be experiencing. Let's try both creating a new invoice from scratch, and also try duplicating that draft invoice to see if that sorts us out!

Hi Connor
    I did this as a first try before I went onto the forum and it didn't work. The original invoice was generated from an estimate. When I tried to approve it, it didn't work. That is when I created a separate invoice which also didn't work.

Do you know whether this has been resolved yet?

Good news is that other query re invoice numbers not transferring to 2020 - I solved it myself through trial and error (yes I'll have a fiddle). Needs 6 digits, I was only putting in 5.

I would appreciate it if the draft invoicing glitch could be resolved as like many others, it is causing accounting problems.

Kind regards

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @STABBOTTS , I'll need a few more pieces of info to help troubleshoot this.
    1. Does this only happen to invoices that have been converted from estimates?
    2. Does this happen to all invoices that you have in Euros? If so, can you try approving an invoice in pounds to see if it works?
    3. The other invoices you have tried, do they contain the same products as previous invoices? If so, can you try creating a new product and adding that to an invoice and approving it?
    4. Lastly, if all this fails, can you please open up your dev tools when trying to approve and take a screenshot of the error that appears? To do so in Google Chrome, select the Chrome Menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools and click on the Console tab.

Let me know!

• KoushikKoushik Member Posts: 1

Hey, I am experiencing the same issue but with a different error message. https://api.waveapps.com/businesses/7b75bc13-a609-4a6e-87bf-e290b047ef72/invoices/916536477154832081/ . error message is - {"error":{"message":"Authentication credentials were not provided."}}. Could you please help?

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @Koushik
    If you are experiencing an error while trying to approve your invoices, it may be worthwhile to first try the browser/network troubleshooting steps that Barsin laid out earlier. We usually recommend that just to eliminate the possibility that the error is caused by your browser. If you are still getting the error message, then you may want to check the following:
    1. Make sure that you have no more than around 10 line-items in your invoices.
    2. Try to limit the length of your item descriptions to less than 500 characters.
    Generally speaking, invoices can bug-out if there is too many information that throws off our invoice formatting. If you intend on sending out an invoice with a large amount of information, you may want to consider splitting the invoice into separate invoices to accommodate that information. I hope that this helps!