MBNA Canada

2»

Comments

• DaveKDaveK Member Posts: 21

Sure, when I log into mbna.ca, I have a few "tabs" as options:

The "Snapshot" tab shows "unbilled" transactions - that haven't yet been put on a statement. The statements tab shows previous statements. The plaid feed seems to be just importing things from the "Snapshot" tab (unbilled transactions).

As a result, if I connect on a day "after" it's rolled over to a new statement, it seems that transactions between the last import, and the statement end date are not imported. Only "unbilled" transactions are imported.

Because of the unpredictable behaviour, I've switched back to gSheets importing manually for now.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DaveK

Thanks for this additional context. We have seen some issues with plaid imports what we call "pending transactions" (transactions not yet posted to the actual statement yet). In some cases users might see duplicates, because plaid might import the pending transaction (or snapshot) as well as the posted transaction. This is where I'd highly recommend reaching out to our support team through a ticket as they might be able to collect more info from your account and escalate it to plaid accordingly!

• MartskiMartski Member Posts: 9

Hi Guys, I have been unable to re-connect my MBNA Mastercard since Jan 1. Just got told about this forum and see it is now working for some people.
    When I try to connect it shows the right phone number information and gets as far as "requesting a code" but then says "the credentials you provided were incorrect", which they are not cuz I just used them to sign in and to delete and re-add the phone numbers to ensure they are correct. Then it says "this connection is temporarily down connect later". It has been doing this to me since March. Help please?

• DaveKDaveK Member Posts: 21
    > @Martski said:
    > Hi Guys, I have been unable to re-connect my MBNA Mastercard since Jan 1. Just got told about this forum and see it is now working for some people.
    > When I try to connect it shows the right phone number information and gets as far as "requesting a code" but then says "the credentials you provided were incorrect", which they are not cuz I just used them to sign in and to delete and re-add the phone numbers to ensure they are correct. Then it says "this connection is temporarily down connect later". It has been doing this to me since March. Help please?

Are there more than one phone associated with the account? I had to remove a second one before the verification phase would work.

Thanks for the response! Yes there are 2 phone numbers on the MBNA account profile, I have now deleted one but the Wave verification process still shows them both, and still doesn't work, maybe it takes some time to update? I will try again tomorrow and see if Wave verification only gets one then.

Hey @Martski

Can you try deleting the connection entirely if it's connected > Re-add the connection now that you've made the phone number change > Be sure to select the edit date for transactions import so you don't go back in time and duplicate all your transactions > Let us know if this works! Thanks so much.

WOW!! That seems to have worked! It sent me a code and shows MBNA is added as an account, now I am just waiting for it to automatically add the transactions. Is there any way to force it to update? There used to be a "Sync Now" button or something like that but its gone since Jan 1 and I find it does not always update in a timely manner, like now when I am anxious to see if this worked. Any suggestions to get the transactions added faster so we can see if this actually worked?

Hmm, still something screwy happening, It says it has been connected but seems as soon as I leave that page to look for transactions it disconnects again without downloading any transactions and makes me reconnect again to get another code.. Thoughts?

...and as soon as I complete the re-connection I get an email from Wave saying "your account connection isn't working right now" so it is not retrieving any transactions.

Hey @Martski

Did MBNA recently implement 2FA (2 factor authentication)? If so, our plaid bank connection doesn't allow for 2FA at the time. Let us know. If you're still having troubles I'd highly recommend creating a support ticket with our team who will be able to diagnose this issue a bit further!

They have had 2FA for a while but was not a problem until January when you switched providers, has never worked since then, despite many hours trying and support requests from admin.
    Could you please tell me if TD credit cards will work with automatic updating from your new provider? If not, please advise which cards will work. I don't want to keep doing the manual statement uploading since there is too much room for error so will switch to a card that does work with Wave just so I can get this working again. Please let me know. Thanks

Hey there @Martski

This is true that our current platform does not offer 2FA at this time. But I do believe you should be able to disable this from your bank's side in hopes that the connection will work once again. TD cards should work as long as 2FA is disabled from the bank. Can you give this a try and let us know?

thanks! I could not find any way to disable the 2FA online so called MBNA Customer Service and they said no, there is no way to disable it. I am thinking about switching to TD so trx can me auto imported again but TD also owns MBNA so am worried they have the same issue and can't disable it.

I know that some banks do offer the ability to enabled and disable this. We're hoping to see some improvements to our third party data aggregator to include this connection type in the future as more banks adopt this feature @Martski

Hey Guys, 4 months have passed and Wave is still unable to automatically download any transactions from my MBNA MasterCard. Any updates on getting this fixed?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Martski , unfortunately Plaid still doesn't support 2FA at the moment. In the meantime, feel free to use our free Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which should make it easier for you to import transactions into Wave.

Ok disappointing but Thanks. Is 2FA support likely to be coming anytime soon? If not I am considering switching away from MBNA to a card that will work with Wave. Any suggestions?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Martski ! Since we use our third party data aggregator, Plaid, we are a bit in the dark on what's in store for their bank connections in the future. However, there is currently a work around. You can disable this MFA type in your online banking settings on your institutions website. I completely understand if you don't want to disable the MFA type though. The decision is yours to make!

As you may know, Wave offers a few options to import and upload your transactions manually. You can learn more about these below:

• gorchasegorchase Member Posts: 3

Hi @JulianP, any update on this now over a year since your post?

Unfortunately the solutions you provided aren't ideal.
    1. As another poster already stated, MBNA doesn't allow you to turn MFA off so that 'option' isn't one
    2. Wave Connect is horribly inefficient and unreliable. The barely 3* review (mostly 1* in recent year) in the app store says it all.
    3. Uploading credit card statement is the only real option but manual and hopefully the process can be automated.

Thank you